Author Topic: Spaniels stolen  (Read 2032 times)

Shirley

• Half Acre
Spaniels stolen
« on: November 14, 2008, 18:38:58 »
Thought I would give this article wider coverage than just the local area. 

http://www.linlithgowgazette.co.uk/news/Plea-after-spaniels-stolen.4696089.jp

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
Re: Spaniels stolen
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 18:45:30 »
Thanks Shirley. My two don't live outside but it's good to be alerted to this kind of stuff. There are some pretty sad folk out there.

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 18:48:47 »

I am so sorry that this lady has lost her dogs to thieves, I hope they were rescued rather
   being incorperated back into a breeding programe - sorry but enclosures !  security lights !.

A breeding dog is still entitled to the warmth of the fireside and a loving home,  going to
   get some flak here I'm sure  ---   I'll cope !

floss
Hertfordshire,   south east England

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 18:55:34 »
I've only bred pups the once (babies turned 7 in September) so I don't have a load of experience and I didn't do it for money. Our Sophie (mum) was treated like a queen from day 1 and spoilt rotten all the way through. After the babies arrived Pete spent hours every day cooking for Mum to provide her with all the nutrients she needed and hours playing with the babies while I was at work. Happier times!

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 19:20:00 »

Oh what a relief ! 

What a lovely story - you must of loved every minute !

My daughter and SIL, who have a golden retreiver called Kelly  [ she lives in Italy - so that name
     mystified everybody !! ] , they were friends with the owner of a magnificent mail retreiver who became the proud dad of 10 puppies [ sadly one died ]  , they adored the pups and had them and
Kelly at home until selected homes were found for all but one, my daughter said it was exhausting, the feeding,  and caring ,  and they got very attached to the late to home pups - eventualy all were homed but one !

She became a companion for her Mum  [Kelly ] and the best friend of my 6yr old grandson, her name is Katy,

Kelly was mated to prevent the chance of cancer , usually to the womb - she had had several
  phantom pregnancies - and it was advised by a vet.

I miss my GS,  nuff said,

floss xxx

Hertfordshire,   south east England

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 19:23:41 »
Sophie will be 12 in Jan 09 and is healthier than me!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal