Author Topic: Not My Finest Hour  (Read 1055 times)

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
Not My Finest Hour
« on: November 14, 2008, 19:00:43 »
went into Timpsons to get a new car key cut. The old one had a nasty crack across it. There was no one in the shop apart from the bloke. I said I wanted a key cut, and gave him the key. He said - "this won't take a minute, dear", and I said "No problem"  ???. He said, "No, I was talking to the woman behind you"  ;D
then he said "I think this key is chipped" and i said "Yes, i'm worried about it breaking". He said, "No, I think it's got a microchip in it......." ;D

Still we had a laugh about it, then I went round the corner, put me head in bin, and screamed

My car's too old for all this! £25 quid! Come back Monday! And that's a bargain, according to him!

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
Re: Not My Finest Hour
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 19:07:43 »
Ouch! It really hurts! dinnit :(

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 19:09:32 »
It's hurtin my sides laughing & that's for sure ;D ;D ;D

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 19:10:51 »
this'll make you feel better- all the instruments on my OH's car stopped working- took them so long to find out what it was that it cost £600 to put it right. >:(

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 19:18:37 »
Hey even funnier?

My peugeot 406 wouldn't start when I was leaving school one day last year. Computer had died? £1000 + later it worked but I had already arranged to buy a new car.

Anyway son number 1 has it now so all is not lost.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 19:50:56 »
Yes, I know the feeling well, my Vauxhall Carlton died on me - in the fast lane on the M3 at 10.30 at night - and I was on my own.

Cost a fortune to find the problem with the computer, and another fortune to fix it.  I loved that car, but never really trusted it after that.
The Tuscan Beaneater

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 19:55:21 »
RT that reminded me of the Two Ronnies and the four candles  ;D

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 20:01:24 »
No, it's fork 'andles

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The Tuscan Beaneater

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 20:34:31 »
I had a Peugeot 206 back in 2000.  It was a lovely car and the new model but oh dear it did let me down lots of times.  The worst time was when I brought my OH home from hospital after getting his catheter removed following major surgery.  The catheter had been in 2 weeks and he had to learn again how to control things.  He had a pads on.   Car broke down coming out the Hospital car park, it stuck in 2nd gear and then completely ceased up.  We waited 2 hrs on a breakdown truck to come and then another couple of hours or we got home. Poor man was soaking.   Shall never forget it.  We sold the Peugeot 2 months later.   

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 21:00:49 »
my worst experience was with my partners Metro. I'd borrowed it while she was away. It was the type of car i'd learnt to drive with with BSM so no problem. When I came to reverse the car out of the space at college to drive home, I couldn't do it. i was there for about 15 minutes trying, and then it suddenly worked. So I tried to work out what i'd done. Coudn't do it again. But I could now drive out of the space, so I started to go home. I drove leaving a big gap between me and the car in front, in case they did anything suddenly and I might have to reverse, and I managed to get from Filton to Clifton and about 200 yards from the house when another car came round the corner on the double parked road, and the one who had to go back was only going to be me. I'd had enough, so I just thought S0d it. stopped the car, got out and went up to his car and said - can you give me a hand? I've forgotten how to use reverse gear.............

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 21:09:28 »
bet we can beat you
car no 1/ went on fire on the motorway  ;D
car no2/ floor fell out as it was rusty
we had a wedding to go to on the day after, 30 miles away  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal