Author Topic: Newbie in Liverpool  (Read 6951 times)

Lottie103

• Quarter Acre
Re: Newbie in Liverpool
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 21:54:54 »
Ooooh Syenson, hello  ;D I can't think out where 16 is, but I'll have a scout around when we're down this weekend. I'm thinking you might be on the end of the row with Santa cos I know there are half plots there??

We've not been for a couple of weeks what with the dark nights / manic work and being away for the last couple of weekends. We're there tomorrow morn before the rain gets to Lpool. Can't wait to see how it's all doing. I'll have to get some more pics too - my camera was playing up the last few times we've been there so hopefully it now looks a bit different to my last load of photos :)

syenson

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 00:28:03 »
Hi Manicscousers thanks for the welcome!  :)

Hello Lottie103, Yes i am down the row from Santa right at the end, i  have an old poly tunnel frame on other half of plot. Are you on the other side near the old railway embankment? I have been told that in WWII an ammunition train was bombed there and the pieces of train ended up scattered over the allotments! Apparently someone found a wheel once! Nothing like that on mine yet though just old potatoes from a school who had the plot before me.
 Can't wait to get the plot dug and actually plant some veg.
Sounds like the site is getting more and more people interested in the plots, they had problems with vandalism before the big green fence went up which led a lot of people to leave. Hopefully it won't be too long before we get a full site which will help i think.
 I hope we will have events like some of the other allotment sites like seed swops and things i think that would be really good. 
  Also may i ask did you get a tenancy agreement for your plot as i haven't had one ?
Hope to see you down there next week   ;D

Lottie103

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 09:56:54 »
Gotcha  :) Our plot backs onto the houses at the other end of Santa row. We have a big hedge at the front & the entrance to ours is the black metal gateway. We were warned off the plots by the railway cos of the poor soil.

I don't have a tenancy agreement yet, which is a wee bit of a worry. I can understand why tho. They said we could have it rent free til Jan cos it was in such a state & I spose if they give us a tenancy agreement then the council will know it's taken so they'll have to charge. It's just that when we took the plot, we couldn't see how big it is & now we've cleared it, it's turned out that it's a double plot, they might only let us have half. That would be a pain since the gate is in the middle & the paths etc are all laid out. I have tried to clarify but can't get a definite answer apart from `the previous guy wanted a double plot'. I'm hoping he's just worried about telling us it will cost double (which is fine), rather than not wanting to tell us we can't have it all!

I'm sure there will be plenty of seed swapping. I've witnessed chicken exchanges already LOL. Gutting - we can't have any (although OH says no way anyway, so perhaps for the best) in case the people in the houses complain then no one will be allowed any.

Will look out for you this week - we walk past your plot to get to ours when we come in the side gate  ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2008, 10:57:35 »
Welcome to the site  Seynson   ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal