Author Topic: RSI  (Read 4975 times)

Solorn

• Quarter Acre
  • The Worlds Only 6ft Gnome
Re: RSI
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2008, 17:35:50 »
RSI doesn't stop you working at all. You just have to change 'how' you work. I'm a busy mother of 3 kids with RSI, rhumatoid arthritis, sciatic nerve issues, and not once has it stopped me. Even on days I can't actually walk I get things done, just different things than normal, and I keep going through the pain when I can. On my good days I can swing a pick axe like a good'un! Last week I dug two new beds on my lottie in the rain on clay soil that stuck to everything like baby poo!

I don't know why certain people on these forums like to slam everyone who voices an opinion or asks a question, recent cases in point are RSI and fireworks. I'm all for freedom of speak but if all you can do is put people down, poke fun, or make people feel insignificant then perhaps you should just log off or read a different thread.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2008, 18:16:23 »
i woulda shot you years ago ACE and put yer out of yer misery

No you wouldn't, Ned. Not allowed, see. ACE is a Protected Species. Unique, he is.

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2008, 18:26:46 »
Have to say I don't agree with you Solorn, I enjoy reading all the different characters posts on here, they remind me so much of the  characters down my allotment site.

We all come over differently and what one finds rude, poke fun of other's, the next person wouldn't see it that way at all.

I find this forum a well balanced cross section of the general public and hope it doesn't change.

Sorry to have gone off topic.

Sinbad

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2008, 19:02:45 »
I think for anyone new to the forum, some posts can come over as being insensitive. Some indeed are, but most are just taking the mickey :D.

What Im saying is, that it takes time to get to know different personalities and the way we all work as individuals. That takes time of course. I was offended when I first started here...........it turned out someone was having a bad day, and I wasn't 'up' on forum chat either.

We are all capable of coming across badly if our posts are worded wrongly, thats the trouble with text :-\.

Star x 
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal