Author Topic: 4 ply?  (Read 3262 times)

shaun01

• Acre
Re: 4 ply?
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2008, 18:35:02 »
do people still knit   well i never ,i thought it had all stopped now i use to hate wearing the school jumpers my mum use to knit for me i think knitting should go to room 101

That's it!!!

You aren't getting the knitted wellies for Christmas that I have been making for every member of A4A.

And dint apologise, my decision is made.  ;)

cj :)lol there will be a lot of knitted wellies in the parcels i think ,,,, I'm going to have night mares now over them school jumpers this post has brought it all back aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2008, 18:49:40 »
 :'( @ the babies...

to lighten it....wot about the knitted bathing suits (orl-in-one natch)....and what happened when they got waterlogged :-[ ;D

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 19:00:28 »

to lighten it....wot about the knitted bathing suits (orl-in-one natch)....and what happened when they got waterlogged :-[ ;D

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

OMG !!!  You've reminded me - I had a knitted one when I was about 7 or 8 years old.  I remember it was really scratchy and HORRIBLE  :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
The Tuscan Beaneater

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2008, 19:17:11 »
FOS.........what a valuable service you provide, it may sound morbid to some. But I certainly understand how a bereaved mum and dad would welcome what you do.  ;)

Lishka and anyone else interested.......Im not offering to do ANYONE one of these.......but I can supply needles 8)

http://www.angelfire.com/art/crochetbikinis/patternspdf/kbikini.pdf

http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz/womenspatterns.html#WaterSprite

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer03/PATTwhitetrash.html

I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 00:13:08 »
I knit, I love knitting and you can get some amazing wool now and some lovely patterns.  I am currently knitting a 100% merino wool jacket taking from am American sight.  I love knitted jumpers, so warm and snuggly and soft. 

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2008, 07:55:00 »
FOS, sounds like a really fulfilling thing to do.

Star, I would wear a knitted bikini if it made me look like pic 1. Actually, I'd wear one made out of barbed wire if it made me look like pic 1 ;D

EJ, how long do you think it will take you to knit  your jacket? What colour is it?

Have knitted body , ears and outside of arms of teddy. It's smaller than I imagined.

Will post a pic when I have finished.

Anyone got any pics of things they have knitted?

cj :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 08:59:53 »
we had a thread going last year of things we did during the winter, can't remember what it was called ?
my aunt in law knits bonnets for prem babies..lovely tiny things, wish my hands still worked  :-\
things we make in the winter months,  there are some very talented people on this forum  ;D
found it but don't know how to make the link  :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 09:13:55 by manicscousers »

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 09:53:01 »

I used to have one of those over one shoulder jobbies, made from an old holey pullover reknitted by my Nan. The wool had lost its softness sometime during the war. So the combination of seawater, sand and coarse wool used to leave a lovely rash around my ankles as it sagged to far when it got wet.  If you think that was embarassing, just imagine a knitted thong.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 10:11:47 »
Nope, cant imagine it.

You will have to post a pic ;D

cj :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal