Produce > Pests & Diseases

Blight has reached my greenhouse

(1/3) > >>

Doris_Pinks:
I could cry! Have picked off the affected leaves, in the hopes that the  remaining tomato fruits miss it......all that waiting for home grown toms  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  Should I just be pulling up my lovely tom plants and give in? DP

sandersj89:
Doris

If it seems to be spreading rapidly I would be tempted to pick the tomatoes ASAP and place in a dark drawer/tray. They will ripen but might not be as sweet as they would if left on the vine.

Sorry to hear, my greenhouses have remained clear so far and the spuds have only a touch of blight so far. I am on the  west/east sussex boundary.

Jerry

Doris_Pinks:
Jerry I am near Tunbridge Wells, and today I AM disgusted in!! Will keep an eye on the spread of it, thanks.

aquilegia:
I've had a bit of blight on my spuds and toms (outdoor). I've pinched off any leaves that look affected and thrown the away. Then washed hands thoroughly before touching unblighted plants. It seems to be keeping it under control (touch wood!)

Mrs Ava:
Oh no DP!  I noticed an iffy leaf on one of my greenhouse toms and nipped it off and binned it immediately.  After loosing all of my toms at the allotment I really don't wanna loose my greenhouse babies.  Is there nothing you can do to treat it, or is it a case of once you have it, too late?  Sooooooooooooooo sorry!  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version