Author Topic: Ross and Brand  (Read 13537 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Ross and Brand
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2008, 13:06:16 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Some sense at last.

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2008, 14:12:56 »
AND V FUNNNY TOO !!!!! nice one.  ;D ;D

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2008, 19:17:42 »
Well, the one person who will have really appreciated this histeria is 'the prince of darkness' mandy.  Its shifted him off the front page of the papers.  His 'bad news' is being well and truly buried.

valmarg

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2008, 19:24:34 »
Ross has been suspended for twelve weeks.He is not daft.No resignation from him. :(

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2008, 19:55:47 »
Well, although it's true to say that the tabloids instigated the recent hype, I for one am happy they did. Even if this dicky duo's desperate attempt at humour had not been aired, the fact remains they insulted someone who isn't in a position to fight back in like manner.
 Had this not have been aired and then made public, then these two t*at heads would have got away with it.
 I wonder how many other people have switched on their answer phones to receive such crappy verbal abuse from these two?
 Millionaires they may be....miniscule brain cells they certainly have!

Sack 'em.

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2008, 14:20:02 »
Well, the one person who will have really appreciated this histeria is 'the prince of darkness' mandy.  Its shifted him off the front page of the papers.  His 'bad news' is being well and truly buried.

valmarg

Isnt Ozzy Osbourne the 'Prince of Darkness'  ? Is Mandy now taking drugs and going on tour ?

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2008, 14:27:07 »
Sorry Pesky, the mandy I meant was Peter Mandelson, aka the prince of darkness.

The Ross/Brand item knocked PM and his shady Russian dealings off the front pages.

valmarg

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2008, 14:36:48 »
I'm sure both of them can do 'Paranoid'' very successfully.

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2008, 14:56:57 »
so many seem to judge this incident from the point of view of whether they like Ross and Brand's products (kind of like voting with your feet) but it is irrelevant whether you like them or not, it still happens - if all wrongs of the world got this kind of media attention and were 'sorted' as quickly wouldn't things be so much better - the broader picture is far more important, in my not so humble opinion  ;)

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2008, 15:07:42 »
I wonder what Ross and Brand's contribution to 'Children In Need' will be ?

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2008, 15:21:07 »
Jonathon Ross has pulled out of presenting the British Comedy Awards. The BBC are taking no chances, and have asked Julian Clary to present it instead

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2008, 15:39:11 »
It was a hysterical response to something silly.  I imagine that 99% of complainers didn't even hear the item in question so they don't have the right to complain.  I agree it was a stupid and ignorant thing for them both to do but come on!  I was flicking channels the other night when Graham Norton quite blatantly called a fellow celebrity a c**t - how come that was left on air?  Like everyone else, I swear sometimes but I don't expect to hear that on a chat show - and again, I wasn't offended but double standards?

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2008, 15:53:26 »
I think the difference in the R&B thing and the language used by Graham Norton is that the person to whom GN was speaking to was probably in front of him. I would assume, therefore that this person is well aware of GN's style of presenting a show and would have been aware that it was very likely that abuse would come forth from GN directed at them and that this would take place with an audience. Andrew Sachs, however, was "picked" on and had not "agreed" to lay himself open to being abused in public and so this "prank" surely cannot be right.   But I agree with you SamLouise, the degree of bad language on the tv has gone way off the scale now and I am not impressed by it.
twinkletoes

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2008, 15:56:25 »
I agree with you twinkletoes :)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2008, 16:55:49 »

valmarg

Well, it was the self righteous right that put Ross and Brand on the front page - probably to push Osbourne's underhand dealings (not Ozzy btw) off.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2008, 17:18:50 »
I imagine that 99% of complainers didn't even hear the item in question so they don't have the right to complain.

So have I got this right, you're saying I have to see child abuse to find it offensive? I didn't see any Jewish people getting killed in concentration camps, but it happened... again I find it offensive when people deny the Holocaust - am I not allowed to complain if I don't hear them?

Just because this is less serious, doesn't mean it should have a different test of who can be offended. Well, that's what I think anyway!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2008, 17:26:20 »
can someone tell me how they would feel if their grandparent was subject to this kind of phone jacking ?
don't care if it's true, they shouldn't've done it  ::)

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2008, 17:41:09 »
can someone tell me how they would feel if their grandparent was subject to this kind of phone jacking ?
don't care if it's true, they shouldn't've done it  ::)

funny that. Me and my finer half discussed exactly that. We have an 18 year old daughter. I dont think I would be able to put in a public forum what would happen to that person if they left a message like that on my phone. Suffice to say I would defnately like to discuiss it with them.

I said at the start of this post i dont have a problem with either of them. But to say that to someones grandad is not on. He did however except the apology so its nothing to do with anyone else. I feel they should of been made to donate to a charity of his choice however, as well as a public apology.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2008, 19:25:11 »
The only trouble I find with all this is that when after 3 months Jonathan Ross is back on TV he will be more popular, and make more money.  Anyone got his mobile phone number as I would love to ring him and tell him lies (rude remarks) about his daughter. (ha, ha, why don't we all think it is funny).  Don't suppose he would laugh, probably call the police.  Let's hope he enjoys his party tonight with all the press outside.  What a complete pratt, and let's hope no-none will want to be on his show in January, but I suppose he will just gain more publicity from this and more money.  If you or me did this we would probably be prosecuted or fined or before the courts.  He is a complete and utter prat.  Perhaps we should all stop paying our licence fee.  What about East Enders, on before 9 pm when someone was buried alive, how sick, are they all on drugs or drunk.  Just off to watch Gardners World although not to pleased with Alan Titchmarsh who was doing sex for over 60's in the afternoon (3 pm) , left my granddaughter surprised as I told her Alan was a lovely man who liked gardens. I was told off as she said Nanny, you are so naughty. sex aids at 3 pm. 

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2008, 21:36:39 »
On the day 3 complaints up to over 30,000 now,some people should get a life. ::)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal