Author Topic: Ross and Brand  (Read 13363 times)

hopalong

• Hectare
  • East Finchley, North London
Re: Ross and Brand
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2008, 17:59:31 »

[/quote]

Faulty Towers (or Flay otters as the sign once read) is genuis. Now come on my little nest of vipers lets get back to the gardening. LOL.
[/quote]
Farty Towels was another good one, I thought.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2008, 18:19:10 »

Faulty Towers (or Flay otters as the sign once read) is genuis. Now come on my little nest of vipers lets get back to the gardening. LOL.
[/quote]
Farty Towels was another good one, I thought.
[/quote]

There was another which sticks in my incredibly childish mind, bit TOO rude for here though, would not want to offend.  ::)

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2008, 18:27:08 »
I say bring back hanging now. There is nowhere near enough hysteria yet!

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2008, 18:29:18 »
Russell Brand has resigned.  Shouldn't have done what he did, but at least he did the decent thing I guess.
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2008, 18:36:24 »
The airwaves would be a better place without both of them. There's talent out there looking for a slot.....who needs nasty minded plonka's?

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2008, 18:39:50 »

There was another which sticks in my incredibly childish mind, bit TOO rude for here though, would not want to offend.  ::)

which actually was the only one that was a proper anagram

as it seems suddenly that these overpaid arrogant buffoons can no longer do whatever outrageous things they want without worrying about any consequences, is it too much to hope that we're just seeing the start of the Celebrity Crunch?

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2008, 18:42:17 »

as it seems suddenly that these overpaid arrogant buffoons can no longer do whatever outrageous things they want without worrying about any consequences, is it too much to hope that we're just seeing the start of the Celebrity Crunch?

Ooh, wouldn't that be lovely! I'd keep Stephen Fry though... who else?

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2008, 18:44:06 »
I didn't see it - & don't want to. But:

1. Agree that it was the Beeb's chap - if anyone actually heard the whole thing - to pack.

2.But nice that these 'comedians' can afford to resign.

3. Sad that 'celebs' - in the endless drug/driving etc scene - are too necessary to our palates too be imprisoned.

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2008, 18:44:45 »

Ooh, wouldn't that be lovely! I'd keep Stephen Fry though... who else?

I like Strephen Fry.

The cast of black adder would have to stay. Anything by Perry and Croft. eerr maybe I should be quiet.

P.s Mr Fry films in my local. "the startled duck" AKA The Greyhound.

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2008, 19:01:37 »
Bring back Parki at least he No's how to speak to people

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2008, 19:10:50 »
You mean

"Flowery Twats" ;D ;D ;D

I remember that episode,there was only me and my mum in the house watching it at the time and we fell about in hysterics for so long we missed half the show!
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2008, 19:14:53 »
Stephen Fry is more than a celebrity, because he has Talent. He went to prison in the village where we lived - Pucklechurch. Think that was before it was a women's prison though. We bought our house from 2 lesbian women who worked there, and the couple next door were too. They used to spend all weekend cleaning their cars. I said to my partner once - she's out there again, washing her ******** car! - Who is?     -The butch one, the one that looks like your Mum........ :o oops

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2008, 19:36:19 »
RT. I'm only posting this to block your intention to modify your post.... ;D
Apart from which...(who said witch)...I hear your car hasn't seen a sponge since camels developed humps!

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2008, 19:39:44 »
Casting my mind back to the Shilpa Shetty Big Brother saga, this is exactly the same. A handful of initial complaints, then it went public.......Oh (throws arms in the air) all of a sudden, everyone from Land's End to John O'Groats is offended and complaining.

Noun 1. Bandwagon - a popular trend that attracts growing support; "when they saw how things were going everybody jumped on the bandwagon"

2. Bandwagon - a large ornate wagon for carrying a musical band; "the gaudy bandwagon led the circus parade"
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2008, 19:45:15 »
Will Jonathan Ross go to the National TV awards tonight? I might even bother watching, just in case... I suppose he's nominated for a few things?

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2008, 19:49:27 »
RT. I'm only posting this to block your intention to modify your post.... ;D
Apart from which...(who said witch)...I hear your car hasn't seen a sponge since camels developed humps!
actually kenkew (and this is true) my car has moss growing on it. Last time I put it in the garage, it failed the MOT, but was declared a Site of Special Scientic Interest (which isn't true)  ;D

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2008, 00:31:29 »
Russell Brand has resigned.  Shouldn't have done what he did, but at least he did the decent thing I guess.

But he's only resigned so that he can take up his new role as next Doctor Who. :o

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2008, 07:08:20 »
Lol actually I think he'd make a very good doctor who, although I'm currently thinking James Nesbitt would be best candidate out of all the ones who've been suggested.  :)
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

RobinOfTheHood

• Hectare
  • South Yorks
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2008, 11:10:59 »
PUBLIC outrage at the treatment of Andrew Sachs boiled over last night as Britain reached a new peak of furious incoherence.

News websites struggled to cope as millions of violently confused readers found themselves unable to contain their angry, ill-informed opinions.

A BBC spokesman said: "Britain is obviously trying to tell us something but they need to slow down and do their very best to communicate in whole sentences."

Some of the comments posted on The Times yesterday:

I don't know who these people are or what this is all about but thanks to them I have spent
the entire morning being violently sick on my neighbour's car. It's a bridge too far. Or is it two bridges not too far enough? Bring back Hattie Jacques!
Mrs Margaret, Guildford

How would they like it if someone came into their bedroom in the middle of the night and drenched them in gin and started fondling their legs and then playing with their willy until it made a horrid mess? Not very much, is what I think. Filthy boys. We should kill them with lions.
jstraw, Blackburn

Thankfully I missed this whole sordid episode. When will the BBC do the right thing and repeat in full? I get back from work around six.
Chewbacca, Norwich

But the granddaughter though eh? She's not exactly, you know, is she? I mean come on, let's not forget what this is really all about. Exactly. 
Vote UKIP!
paddingtonbear69, Macclesfield

This reminds me of the time the Dimbleby brothers phoned me up during 'Any Answers' and offered to w*** me into a teapot. I see the BBC hasn't changed one bit.
Andypandy, Taunton
I hoe, I hoe, then off to work I go.

http://tapnewswire.com/

RobinOfTheHood

• Hectare
  • South Yorks
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2008, 11:38:49 »
THE Madrid government last night sprang to the defence of Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross hailing them as the new heroes of anti-Spanish racism.

Prime minister José Luis Zapatero said the assault on Andrew Sachs was 'measured' given the actor's portrayal of a halfwit Spaniard who thinks a rat is some kind of Siberian hamster.

Zapatero said Sachs, banned from entering Spain since 1976, was single-handedly responsible for the country's image as a nation of greasy-haired chimpanzees who have to have everything explained to them twice.

A spokesman for the Spanish embassy in London said: "We've been leaving dirty messages on his answerphone for years.

"And every Sunday we camp outside his house and chuck handfuls of paella at his front door."

Spain's biggest newspaper El Pais said: "Señors Ross and Brand are the champions of every waiter who has ever served a table of drunken English tourists who find it amusing to answer all of his questions with 'Qué?' until one of them finally comes out with 'I'm so sorry, he's from Barcelona'."

Meanwhile, as Russell Brand admitted he had been 'caught up in the money', jumped-up researcher Jonathan Ross was last night told to apologise 18 million times over the next three years.

The BBC has also offered Brand's £200,000 salary to the Treasury to help pay down the jaw-droppingly out-of-control national debt that everyone seems to think is irrelevant compared to some swear words on an answering machine.
I hoe, I hoe, then off to work I go.

http://tapnewswire.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal