Author Topic: Ross and Brand  (Read 13411 times)

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
Re: Ross and Brand
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 10:37:43 »
while we're on the subject, i'd quite like to see the back of Graham Norton too. Let me rephrase that  :o

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2008, 10:40:28 »
But who in there right mind would have sex with him !!!! only if a bag was placed over his head and he was the last man alive, and then only if my batteries had run out !  ;D
They both need sacking and the idiot who editted it should go with them !

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2008, 11:15:24 »
Well if we are going on about others I find that little pip squeak 'Jamie Oliver' totally disgusting, the other week he was on TV in a school doing something about school meals and every other word was Effing this and 'Effing that, what is it with usingthis smut all the time I'm no prude but there is a time and a place, moan over :)

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2008, 11:29:55 »
But who in there right mind would have sex with him !!!! only if a bag was placed over his head and he was the last man alive, and then only if my batteries had run out !  ;D

the good news is, you're probably safe. The bad news is, the human race is doooomed!

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2008, 11:42:53 »
Just on the news that they have been suspended.

Not quite sure what that will mean though, prob. on full pay and wait until the fuss has died down...
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 11:57:48 »
They are both talented people.They have been allowed to go too far for to long.Hope this will put the brakes on them.

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 12:12:00 »
I am not a fan of either dues to the nature of their comedy but I do think that this has been blown totally out of proportion but hey,  where there's a bandwagon!!!!!
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 16:02:22 »
Well it is doing a good job of taking peoples thoughts away from the real problems that are happening. Negative equity, redundancies, oil prices that are about to rise again.  Business going bust. A childish prank that went wrong, stupid prats yes. But take away the mavericks from entertainment and we'll end up with wiggy and his dancing every night.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 16:06:39 »
Well it is doing a good job of taking peoples thoughts away from the real problems that are happening. Negative equity, redundancies, oil prices that are about to rise again.  Business going bust. A childish prank that went wrong, stupid prats yes. But take away the mavericks from entertainment and we'll end up with wiggy and his dancing every night.

Sometimes I'm so slow... Of course that's why Gordon & chums want to talk about it, saves the awkward questions like "why did you trash our economy?". And the tories want to discuss it as they hate the BBC anyway...

thegreatgardener

• Acre
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 16:11:37 »
the latest  news on the subject is that if the they are  fined for the incident they will both be fired.
There time slot will be filled with old blue peter episodes until further notice.

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 16:12:23 »
I think they certainly went too far with this one - but I think that Jonathon Ross is incredibly funny - he says it as it is normally. But that Russell guy he looks like a dirty layabout with a filthy mouth and I cannot see that he is quick witted or anything - apart from his "celebrity" status what do any of these women see in him?

O B
 :o

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 16:16:45 »
The thing he said on the MTV awards was funny - to the American audience, "I know you're an open minded bunch otherwise you wouldn't have let that retarded cowboy run your country for 8 years".

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2008, 16:20:16 »
methinks that the BBC need them both more than they need the beeb and I am sure at least one of them will have a reasonably tight contract so they get paid at least - I find the whole thing a drop in the ocean compared to other worldly matters and as to the the quality return of a licence fee, please don't get me going on that  >:(

it'll pass

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2008, 16:38:32 »
If they are sacked....and they wont be.....they will only go to another channel.

Too talented Im afraid despite all the crudeness.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2008, 16:44:23 »
Ha, ha, RB and JR funny I can't stop laughing they are just vulgar, they would not last for two minutes at the same gig with 'Wondering  Walter' ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2008, 16:49:16 »
I didn't hear the broadcast, but i understand it was pre recorded ! so isn't it the job of the producer to edit such stuff? maybe the blame lies with him or her.

I'm thinking that, yes, this was a pre-recorded  session, and that the reason that it didn''t end up on the cutting-room floor, but was OK'd for general transmission, has to be the responsibility of....whoever?....

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2008, 17:16:09 »
Hmmm, can't stand Jonathan Ross myself, but I do like Russell Brand up to a point and I thought his book was hilarious.  However what they did was in total bad taste, they do deserve some kind of sanction but surely as it was pre-recorded the prat who let it go on air should face some too.  What I find mildly amusing is that only a handful of complaints were made at the actual time of broadcasting but thousands who made from people who'd heard of it on tv or read it in papers.....hey ho it's a funny old world.
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2008, 17:21:16 »
I quite like Russel Brand and I think Mr Woss is quite good too. Just my personal opinion. However, it is very very wrong to say things like that to her Grandad. Not good at all.

Andrew Sachs has said he has accepted the apology and that should be the end of it. Nothing to do with anyone else, I know we pay the licence fee but there is a lot worse on the Beeb, a lot worse. 2 complaints on the night (for bad language) and 18,000 since. sounds strange, its 4.5% of Russell Brands audience figure. In my eyes the majority thought it was ok. i suppose it depends on who you ask.

Call me cynical but I bet you what you like, the girl in question will do very well out of all this. If I am being super cynical I would not be surprised if this was a way of getting HER media attention, her and her burlesque group "The Satanic Sl*ts" or maybe next time she goes for a page 3 audition we will know who she is. She doesnt sound too savoury or maybe she does depending on your tastes.

If its ok with Mr Sachs, then its ok by me.

Peace and love people, peace and love.  :-X

giantpumpkins

• Not So New ...
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2008, 17:40:13 »
What I don't understand is why it took so long for the complainers to complain....only two complained after the show but complaints seem to be growing exponentially following since it was highlighted in the media.

To me that suggests the complainers noted the fuss in the media and then liistened to a recording or podcast thus deliberatly offending themselves or, like a vociferous critic on the radio this lunchtime, had not actually heard the broadcast she was complaining about. Hmmmm

The most interesting thing I note from this is that repeated references to Brand believing he is the next Messiah are OK but the national treasure that is Manuel must not be humiliated. How times have changed.

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2008, 17:47:37 »
What I don't understand is why it took so long for the complainers to complain....only two complained after the show but complaints seem to be growing exponentially following since it was highlighted in the media.

To me that suggests the complainers noted the fuss in the media and then liistened to a recording or podcast thus deliberatly offending themselves or, like a vociferous critic on the radio this lunchtime, had not actually heard the broadcast she was complaining about. Hmmmm

The most interesting thing I note from this is that repeated references to Brand believing he is the next Messiah are OK but the national treasure that is Manuel must not be humiliated. How times have changed.

Faulty Towers (or Flay otters as the sign once read) is genuis. Now come on my little nest of vipers lets get back to the gardening. LOL.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal