Author Topic: TEN PAST FIVE  (Read 2306 times)

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
Re: TEN PAST FIVE
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2008, 22:28:25 »
Blame the continuence of this stupid clock change on the 'Scots!
After all, at the last 'referendum' they scotched it!

'Oh my little darling can't see through the windscreen of my 4*4 with her sunglasses on in the dark & in the rain to see her poor wee f*****g friends walking to school.
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2008, 22:58:09 »
Been on the electric soup, Tel?

;D
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2008, 23:24:24 »
I'm just glad I wasn't working nights last night........ ;)
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2008, 23:46:14 »
Hey, clock change is the start of party season.

This Tue its Diwali;
Then Halloween on Firday;
Next week its bonfire night.

Then there's the championship 'who can have the most garish outdoor decorations in the street'.

Not forgetting the 'Who can fit the most boxes of mince pies into the cupboard in case the shops sell out'.

And the 'see who can have the highest number of overflowing trolleys in Tesco/Adsa/Sainsburys' even though the shops are only closed for nearly two and  half days.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2008, 23:48:35 »
In my opinion for what it's worth it's just plain daft changing the clocks.

From now on it'll be dark when I get up and go to work and dark when I come home. I reckon in the depths of winter it gets light here about 9am and dark again at 3.00-3.30 so children go to school in the dark and come home in the dark except for the very youngest.

In the summer it's light when I get up and light when I go to bed. The birds are singing by 3am. You can sit outside with no artificial light at 11pm or even later.  

The further south you go the less difference there is between the two.

So why? ::) ::)

hellohelenhere

• Hectare
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • http://backgardenallotmenteer.blogspot.com/
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 00:00:27 »
I do hate the clock change - would rather eke out the daylight in the evenings, than in the mornings, when I'm either asleep, or in a zombie-state where I would barely notice the difference. (Mornings are not, and never have been, my strong point...)

There are things I like about the winter - and I do hope our chimney is OK in the new house so we can have coal fires, will be lovely! But I *hate* being cold, and then I get too over-heated with the heating on; whereas, in the summer, I seem to be magically the right temperature all the time. I'm not a big fan of Christmas, the over-long buildup period drives me nuts, and all the Christmas stuff in the shops already - it's OCTOBER!! And perfume ads on the TV already, and all that nonsense... sigh... On the other hand, I like going through the seasons and would find a tropical climate monotonous, I think.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 07:30:21 »
An hour ago I was reminded that children's internal clocks take a bit longer to change than the one on the wall...  ::)

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 08:16:22 »
Got to go and close our holiday caravan up for the winter today.

This is always a sad day for me and marks the oncoming of winter. :'(

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal