Author Topic: what are you looking forward to most?  (Read 1651 times)

trinity

• Acre
what are you looking forward to most?
« on: October 26, 2008, 09:45:28 »
Just because I am nosey  ::) what are you looking forward to most for next season?
I am most looking forward to providing  a whole meal for my family  ;D Instead of just a few bits from the pots in the garden ;D oh and lots and lots of peas (hopefully  :-\)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 10:38:03 by trinity »

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
Re: what are you looking farward to most?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 09:55:08 »
Having the whole plot fully working (can you tell I believe in miracles?!) and getting to the veg before the insects/birds/animals do!  Oh and lots of beans, because although we didn't get huge amounts, they were absolutely gorgeous  :)
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 10:00:37 »
Hopefully a bit more sunshine :-\

hellohelenhere

• Hectare
  • Reading, Berkshire
    • http://backgardenallotmenteer.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 10:41:52 »
Getting my beds dug! I'll be staring at my blank-canvas lawn when we move in next week, imagining all sorts of wonders - but first I have to double-dig, get some manure in there, and so forth, before I can get anything in the ground. Some very hard work ahead of me!

Winding the clock forward a bit, I'm really looking forward to the time when the peas and beans start to bloom, as it should be looking like a garden by then!

I'm also looking forward to my delivery of plantlets (chard, mizuna, lettuce, cabbage, kale etc) which will give me an instant baby garden, albeit in growbags to start with.

And my first 'all from the garden' meal - that will be an occasion for a glass of champagne. :)

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: what are you looking forward to most?
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 10:48:44 »
some sunny hot days perhaps? getting my herbery established,putting into pratice all that we have learnt this year,and learning some more!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 11:37:11 »
Everyone is getting excited about next season but this one is not over yet. I'm getting anxious about harvesting oca, ulluco, sweet potato, yacon, scorzonera and other boring winter veg. Next year I will think about the next season.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 13:49:34 »
less rain and more sunshine, just enough of each to help the crops, and me  ;D

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 15:03:28 »
less rain and more sunshine, just enough of each to help the crops, and me  ;D

Now THAT sounds like a plan......
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 16:12:52 »
After being away most of this year,  I am just looking forward to getting back to my allotment.  Family aside,  it is what I have missed the most.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

izzywizz

• Not So New ...
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 16:15:26 »
another fruitful year

Nemesia

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 17:19:33 »
It's not that I am competitive you understand but I am looking forward to winning the Top Vase section in our local show..I have come twice a couple of times. Each year I buy seeds of flowers that are supposed to grow tall and be beautiful but they are always different to what it says on the packet.

Also, sunshine!  I couldn't stand another awful summer like this and yet I had plenty of flowers and tomatoes etc. Finally, growing broad beans successfully for my son who loves them. Oh, nearly forgot, being successful at putting a photo on a forum posting.

KathrynH

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 19:09:26 »
I look forward to the first of each crop. Nothing tastes better than the first strawberry, new potato, broad bean etc.

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 13:34:02 »
I'm looking forward to the plots next to me getting someone who looks after them as well as I look after mine. That way I might have less weeds to contend with.
Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

electric landlady

• Half Acre
  • digging, digging, digging (in Nottingham)
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 18:00:02 »
I'm looking forward to having lovely neat paths...got the first one laid yesterday and it's looking mighty fine if I do say so myself. I'm convinced that having proper paths will make my beds look far neater, or at least I'll be able to see where they end and the paths begin. 

And I'm looking forward to having a lovely neat compost enclosure (so that I can see where the allotment stops and the compost begins...)

Lastly I'm looking forward to having daffs and tulips to brighten the place up in the spring after planting the bulbs a few weeks ago...so I can see where winter stops and spring begins  8)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 18:24:01 »
Sunshine, sunshine, sunshine 8)......a little rain at night but then, during the day.....SUNSHINE please?

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2008, 19:20:47 »
Lots more sunshine,  8)  lots more sweetcorn  :P and fellow lotties to keep their hands in their pockets as they walk past my lottie. >:(         ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal