Poll

On your site, are you allowed to have more than one plot?

No
Yes, you get priority over newcomers
Yes, you join the waiting list again and take your turn
Yes, but only if there is nobody on the waiting list

Author Topic: Multiple plots  (Read 7210 times)

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
Re: Multiple plots
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 00:40:23 »
Having read this thread I'm smiling in disbelief.  We can't give our plots away.
9 plots rented between 6 people. 13 plots going beggin.  And that's on my site. Other sites in Swindon in similar state.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 00:49:07 »
Things can change very quickly.Our site sounds very similar to yours not long ago.I could have had most of the site if I had wanted it. :)

I chose to have two plots and very glad I did as the site is now full with waiting list,

I suggest you advertise your vacant plots in local mag,as we did or in shop windows.You may be surprised at the outcome. :)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 02:41:24 »
Having read this thread I'm smiling in disbelief.  We can't give our plots away.
9 plots rented between 6 people. 13 plots going beggin.  And that's on my site. Other sites in Swindon in similar state.
I would love a 2nd plot but 300 miles each way is a bit too far to travel. If you were at least 295 miles closer then I would jump at the opportunity.;D
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

portsmouth30

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 12:59:14 »
Took on my 3rd plot 2 seasons ago, luckly it was next to the 2 i already had. Our site, apparently has a waiting list of over a 100 people but can still walk round and see un-worked plots

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 17:39:52 »
I understand that the local Parish council has decided to free up some of the land behind our plots. It will be interesting to see if those of us who want another 1/2 but live outside the parish are to be given them. It's a crying shame, we all work our plots, more so than a good few others, we pay very slightly more but we go to the back of the list every time. >:(
Smile, it confuses people.

kingston boy

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 17:57:14 »

No, I'm not.  If your site is close enough and you only have 10 on your waiting list I'd like to join it.  Nothing sinister.

Hi Ceres
 On an earlier thread it said about having to live in the parish and unfortunately that applies in our Borough.

Out of curiosity,why Ceres? A French Icon ! She was the first face on French Stamps and i wasnt aware that she was a gardener as well

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008, 18:18:35 »
Thanks for the help kingston boy.

Do you actually have an allotment yourself?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 18:32:39 by ceres »

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008, 18:25:46 »
Ceres? Roman goddess of agriculture and grain I believe?

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2008, 10:39:11 »
Our rules are one full plot per person !
But our full plots have been chopped up and even with 3 'plots' i still would not have a full plot !
Its great for new comers to get started but once you have some potatoes, onions and cabbages in thats the plot full !!! ok if you only want a few veggies a week but we love ours and struggle to grow enough  :-\
We have a great site manager who keeps a close eye on the plots and we have a 3 strikes and your out policy which means we have a good turn over of the non cultivated plots.We have about 80 on the list but to get a plot rented the site manager sometimes has to go to 3-4 people on the list as some have changed their minds, moved away, or have a plot on another site (we keep a close eye on that so people dont have plots on 2 sites in the area and i hold the waiting list for the whole of the area and flag up any duplicate appications to the sites involved.
A few years ago there where so many empty plots one site in the area had half the site sold off !! Give it a while and the 'trend' will peater out and it will be back to the way it was, everything goes in cycles :)

Ding Dang Doo

• Not So New ...
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2008, 11:33:04 »
 :) On the site I am on there seems to be a lot of people owning little bits.  I have enough for me and my family really.  Some on the site have priority and others don't.  It doesn't really bother me but I agree with you flowersofshona that for some it shall be just a fad.  As i have grown in my own back yard for some time and waited patiently for a patch I really want to make a go of it and I don't know maybe I'll be offered some more ground when I've been there a while ... who knows?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal