Author Topic: Stolen poultry- please help.  (Read 1824 times)

KimT

• Not So New ...
Stolen poultry- please help.
« on: October 06, 2008, 15:05:44 »
posting this on behalf of this poor lady who has lost her beloved pets-please look for them
HELP CATCH THE SCUM that stole her birds....
on the night of the 4th October.

from the girl .

". The birds were based at my home in Burton On Trent, Staffordshire. Only about 75m from the house. Please find below the list of birds that have been taken -

Trio White Orpingtons about a year 1/2 old, male is still slightly moulting on the neck area.
Quartet Cuckoo Orpingtons - Cockerel from David Pownell so quite distinctive 6 months old, hens are alot older about 1-2 years.
Trio Blue Orpingtons - POL
2 Big Lavendar orpington cockerels (Bill and Ben), one has white skin around his face looking a bit aneemic
Buff Orpington cockerel and 7 hens, nearly POL
3 White Orpington Hens, nearly POL
6 Black Cochin Chicks and 1 blue cochin all only about 8 weeks old
18 mixed youngsters including Gold Laced orp, lemon cuckoo orp, buff orp bantam.
Pair Silver Laced Polish
Pair Jubilee Orpingtons
Pair Neider Rheiners
Trio Buff Orpington Bantams
Trio Gold Laced Polish, one of the hens is frizzle
2 pairs of silver sebright
Pair Light Blue Brahma Bantams

I can't tell you how upset I am,

Rosie Page . "

ANY Information PLEASE call her. 07809 421565

CAN everyone post to as many chicken websites as possible.
Love my hens and all that's henny!
www.thepoultrygarden.com

Mr Smith

• Hectare
Re: Stolen poultry- please help.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 16:02:59 »
Kim, can I suggest that you contact Melton Mowbray cattle market they have Poultry sales every Tuesday and the stolen poultry might end up there,

KimT

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 18:17:41 »
Yes, thank you for that and I believe that the info is already being circulated around sale and auction centres.

Love my hens and all that's henny!
www.thepoultrygarden.com

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 21:36:52 »
(Only about 75m from the house. )
is this miles or min's ?

Yes MM comes to mind, they have a pure breeds auction twice a year as well as the Tues and Sat auction of birds.
Think the pure poultry breeders will have to microchip the hens a lot of stealing goes on. This way auctions will have to check all purebreeds as a preventave measure. 

I know a local breeder who told me if I sold eggs not to show anyone the hens for this reason. He owns land away from his house and when the hens are shut up at night he runs 4 rotwillers loose to protect them.
Just goes to show how you need to protect them.

This is so sad, this lady's breeding birds stolen, all the time and effort never mind the money spent on the birds. Same thing happened last year I seemed to remember on this site. I think stolen to order was talked about, a trio is worth a lot of money.

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 15:36:07 »
I obviously do not keep chickens (but a dream....) but I was just so shocked to read this post.....how on earth can someone (or more than one person) get away with that many chickens without anyone seeing something or hearing something?  I do hope she manages to get them back.   Bet she misses them so much.
twinkletoes

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal