Author Topic: Photographs  (Read 2208 times)

Bannerdown

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Photographs
« on: September 02, 2004, 19:23:46 »

HOW....Need I say more?  Is anyone out there willing to lay down "Chapter and Verse" how it is done!  Cheers, Tony. ??? ??? ???

Palustris

• Hectare
Re:Photographs
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 19:44:27 »
I assume you have your photgraphs stored on your computer?
I assume you are asking how to post them on this site?
In which case I will happily describe the process to you.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 19:44:36 »
I can only help ypu if you are AOL and have a home page!
have you tried the section under gallery(I think) where it explains most of it, but I did need extra info...Andy

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 22:19:58 »
I would appreciate a refresher as well Pal, as I believe things have changed considerably since I used HPphoto . . .

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 09:06:09 »
Let's have it with all the other photo stuff, on News or Internet (Photos), so that we all know where to look? = Tim
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 09:14:17 by tim »

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2004, 10:32:51 »
Working on it. Lost all the work sheets when the computer crashed so having to write them again and check out accuracy etc.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2004, 11:41:42 »
Tell me about it - daughter lost evidence of 200 paintings!! = Tim

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2004, 12:48:38 »
Hi, I too would like to have further instruction.  I know It is very feeble not being able to manage it, after all the patient step by step details we have had here, but still I am struggling.

It is very frustrating as I have our Sunflower pics, my birthday picnic photos, some of my harvest and today it has been the Local Leek Show, which I am covering for our Lottie Newsletter and I am dying to show you some of the photos I have taken. I have the browse section at the bottom of my screen, but as you can only transfer photos of 200 KB I am finding it difficult to compress mine which are much more than that.  :-[ busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2004, 17:02:42 »
Posting photos on Allotments4All.

This is the method I use. There are other ways which I have not tried, but which are equally good. Someone else would have to describe the method they use.
I am going to assume a total lack of Computer expertise, so if you are a 'wizzkid' please forgive me if I state the obvious.
      Step 1.  Join PHOTOBUCKET.
   Go to Photobucket.com. They are not always open so you may have to try at a different time. You will need an E-mail address.
   The onscreen instructions there are easy to follow.
      Step 2. Join HPPHOTO.COM
   Again easy onscreen instructions. You will need an E-mail address.
      Step 3.  Download Photomanager from Hpphoto.com.
            You may not need to do this if you already have an image manipulation program which you use to change the size of your pictures after you have transferred them from camera or scanner.
      Step 4. Using Photomanger to change image size. Skip this if you use another program, see Step 3.
      Run Photomanager.
      On the left hand side of the screen near the top you should see a list of files etc. form your computer. At the top is one called Hpphoto Web Album, below that is usually one labelled My Documents. Position the Mouse Cursor over the + sign next to it and Single Left Click. This will 'expand' a list of files. One of them should be the file in which you have saved your photos. For arguments sake I will assume it is called My Pictures.
      Single Left Click on the + sign next to My Pictures (or where ever your photos are) if there is one. This should bring up a list of files of your photos, if you have more than one lot of them.
   a.   Single Left Click on the file of photos you wish to work with. This should put them into the workspace in the middle of the screen as lots of little 'thumbnail' pictures.
   b.   Position the mouse cursor anywhere on the picture you wish to work with and Single Right Click. A Menu should appear nearby. Single Left Click on Edit
   c.   A larger version of your picture should appear. Above the picture is a line of Symbols. The 6th one in from the left is 2 arrows in a box. Single Left Click (SLC from now on) in the box. A menu should appear in the middle of the screen.
   d.   Now you need to choose a size for your photo. For Hpphoto Albums I use 600 by 450. For single photos to A4A via Photobucket I use 350 by 262. For 2 photos side by side on A4A I use 250 by 187.  Let us assume you are sending 2 pictures to A4A to go side by side. There is no need to move your mouse cursor, just type in 250, the program should do the rest.
   e.   SLC on OK. A smaller version of your picture should appear in centre screen.
   f.   Back to the Symbols above your picture. The next to the last one on the right side is a green arrow pointing to the right. If you hold your mouse cursor on it the words Next image will appear. SLC on it.
   g.   In the Box which obscures your picture you will see the words Save. Save as  Don't Change. SLC on Save As.
      Another Menu Box will appear. This is when you need to choose where to save your reduced image and what to call it.
   At the top of this Menus is a box with Save in next to it. Usually in the box is the last place you saved a file. At the end of this box is a tiny black downward facing triangle. If you Click on that it will show a list of the folders on your computer. SLC on the folder in which you wish to save your images. Its name should appear in the box. If you have sub folders they will appear in the box below that. Select the one you want with a SLC. It will turn blue. SLC on Open. The Menu Box will alter slightly. Find the word File (in the centre of the box) position the mouse cursor at the front of the box and type in the name of your image. SLC on Save.
   If you need to make a new folder then SLC on the New folder icon to the top right of the Menus (put the mouse cursor over an icon and it tells you what it is). Type in a name for your folder and press Enter. Then SLC on Open. Type in name for your image and SLC on Save.
   h.   Go back to b.
   This time it will be set up to save your image in the folder you chose for the first one.

To Send your altered images to Photobucket.

1 Log in with the Name and Password you chose when you first joined. Spelling needs to be correct. You can tell it to remember your details and remain logged in.
      2. SLC on the Album you wish to send the photo to.    
         If you have not got an album then in the box labelled Add album type in a name and SLC Create.
      3. If you are sending one image SLC on the Word Browse at the top of the Screen, just underneath Invite Guest                      .      4.A list of folders on your Computer will appear. SLC on the one with your pictures in it. (My Pictures) SLC on Open. Keep doing this until you see the image you wish to upload (send to Bucket). SLC on that image and SLC Open.
      5. SLC on Submit and Wait.
      6. If you want to send more than one image then SLC on Submit Multiple Pictures. A list of choice of numbers will appear. SLC on the number you wish to send.
      7. You will see that number of boxes with the word Browse next to them. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 and 5. If you choose not to send as many images as you selected, do not worry, when you have Browsed the number you wish to send merely SLC on Submit.
      8. The words Pictures added will appear when the upload is complete and you will be able to see them as small images at the bottom of the screen.

To Download an image to A4A.

1. Go to Photobucket. Log in if you are not already logged on.
      2.SLC on the Album containing the images you want to send to A4A (download)
      3. Below each image is three lines of text Url. Tag. Img. We are only concerned with Img for the present. SLC on the writing which appears after IMG. It should turn blue.
      4.Press Control+C or SLC on Edit at the top of the screen and SLC on Copy.
      5. Go to A4A. Go to Gallery( or wherever) and Open a New Topic. Give it a title and then position the mouse cursor in the normal place for entering text. Press Ctrl+V or SLC Edit and SLC on Paste. A line of text should appear beginning with Img and ending in Img.   
      6. SLC Preview. You should see your photo.

To Post Multiple Images.
      1. Open WordPad (or whichever Text program you favour)
      2. Go to Photobucket. Log in etc.
      3. SLC on the IMG line of the first image and press Ctrl+C or Edit Copy.
      4.Go to WordPad press Ctrl+V or Edit Paste. DO NOT PRESS ENTER yet.
      5. Return to Photobucket and SLC on the IMG line of the next image. Ctrl+C or Edit Copy.
      6. Go to WordPad and press Ctrl+V or Edit Paste. Now you may press enter.
      7. Go to Photobucket and SLC on IMG of the next image Ctrl+C etc.
      8. Got to WordPad and press Ctrl+V etc. DO NOT PRESS ENTER yet
      9. Repeat Steps 5 and 6.
      10. Repeat Steps 7,8,and 9 ad nauseum.
      11. Go to WordPad and SLC on Edit. SLC on Select All. The whole thing should turn blue then SLC on Edit SlC on Copy.
      12. Go to A4A Gallery(say) Open a new topic. Go to Text area. SLC on Edit. SLC on Copy. Your WordPad text should appear. Try Preview to see  what it looks like.

To Send Images to Hpphoto.com.

1. Log in.
      2 If you have not already Created an album do so now. Top right hand side SLC Create a New Album. If you already have an album then SLC on Select an Album. Choose the one you wish to use and SLC on it.
      3. On the right hand side of the screen find the words Upload Photos (just below Photo tools) SLC on it.
      4. A new Menu will appear giving you the choice of 1 to 4 spaces for images. If you wish to send more then SLC on the V next to the 4 and SLC on the number of images you wish to send to Hpphtoto.
      5. SLC on Browse. It will send you to a list of folders on your Computer. Or more often to the last folder in which you saved a picture. Find and select the images you wish to down load. Repeat as necessary
      6. SLC on Upload Now and  Wait.
      7.When they are through the program will show you the contents of your album.
      8. You may then Invite someone to view your album. SLC on Invite Family and friends. This will send you to another screen where you enter the E-mail address of the person you wish to invite. Enter in this case your own E-mail address and SLC on Send.
      9. When the E-mail arrives. Highlight the message and Ctrl+c. Go to A4A and write a message in the normal way.
      10. Press Ctl+V and the link should appear. Preview and try the link.

Please read through these and let me know if there is anything that needs altering, or is not clear or whatever.      

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal