Author Topic: MALVERN SHOW  (Read 916 times)

betula

• Hectare
MALVERN SHOW
« on: September 26, 2008, 14:30:34 »
Anybody going?

I have decided to give it a miss this year.Rather spend the money on my garlic and onions. :)

glosterwomble

• Hectare
  • Gloucester - The South West
    • Fork it...a Gloucester allotment
Re: MALVERN SHOW
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 18:36:47 »
I was a volunteer this morning on our groups stand at Malvern (Gloucestershire Organic Gardening Group) I love both shows at Malvern but I prefer the Spring show when they have the show gardens and yo can feel the excitement of the growing year to come.

The Autumn show is amazing though to see all the produce like the metre long beans and 50 ton pumpkins!!!  ;D

As I get a free ticket for helping out I'd be daft not to go but I agree with you betula, I think I would spend the money on other stuff!!
View my blog on returning a totally
 overgrown plot in Gloucester
 into a productive allotment ... http://fork-in-hell.blogspot.com/

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 18:41:14 »
Yes ,our caravan is in Twynning,so not far.I wanted to do other things this weekend so gave it a miss.

Spent my money on garlic,onions and winter bedding today.

It is a great day out but I stick to one a year,NEC as so near to home. :)

mike77

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 21:29:42 »
i went to the show for the first time this year and really enjoyed it apart from all the stalls selling clothes socks miracle cures and general tat....was a bit dismayed about having to battle through loads of rubbish and crappy burger stands to see what i actually went for in the first place *rant over* :'(

mike77

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 21:32:01 »
forgot to add..... seeing the giant veg was a big first for me if i can gwow leeks onions or carrots one quarter of the size of the ones i saw at the show i will be a very happy man ;D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 10:52:49 »
I don't really mind all the other kind of stalls they have at these shows.

I am a great buyer of tat anyway  ;D

I remember Carol  Klein saying that a lot of the small growers do not do the shows anymore.Due to costs I suppose. :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal