Produce > Pests & Diseases

Goodies or badies?

(1/3) > >>

ina:
Are these critters good of bad? I hope they just make pretty butterflies, if not I'm going to mow down all the plants they are on.

Hugh_Jones:
Ina, although the colours are not quite right (the darker bits should be more greenish), this looks like a near perfect picture of the caterpillar of the dear old cabbage large white butterfly (pieris brassicae) busily demolishing a nasturtium leaf.

Don`t let it get near your brassicas!

If you pick off the caterpillars by hand and drop them in your goldfish pond the goldfish should love them.

tim:
Hugh - are you questioning Ina's new camera capability?? Brave chap! = Tim

ina:
Hahaha Tim, Hugh just doesn't know how sensitive I am about anyone questioning my camara's capabilities. Never mind, I forgive anything for sound advice.

That's it then for the caterpillars, the nasturtiums are going! Would frogs eat them? No fish pond but a canal with lots of frogs bordering the lottie. I don't grow any brassica due to clubroot in the soil but I don't want to spoil the fun of the other allotmenteers at the complex.
Thanks for the warning Hugh.

Hugh_Jones:
tim, I would never dare question any of Ina`s capabilities.

I think the problem is simply that Ina`s camera regiusters in Vermeer colours, while my monitor only registers in Constable or Gainsborough

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version