Allotment Stuff > The Basics

Whitefly

(1/2) > >>

RSJK:
:-/
someone as told me you can get rid of whitefly on spring cabbage by using jeyes fluid. Is this correct and if so what mixture do l use.
                                        ::)

busy_lizzie:
Hi Richard, I had a question on White Fly a while ago which generated quite a lot of ideas.  Don't know if you can still access it.  Have never heard of the Jeyes Fluid thing, but sounds a bit drastic, but others more expert will be able to tell you.

A garlic infusion sprayed on the cabbage or even soapy water would be an organic remedy you could try.  I am also going to try some Companion planting this year to see if that helps.  All the Best,  busy_lizzie  :)

teresa:
Jeyes Fluid is a disenfectant so I would be wary of spraying something I was likely to eat.
You can water the ground to get rid of nasties and it will kill them.
Sugar soap, washing up liq, garlic,  these diluted and sprayed can help, or grow marigolds between, remember they can only be killed on the wing so spray every 7 days.
Other wise its the sistemic ( spelling ) like provado you water the soil and the plant takes it up use it on the fuchias may be a bit costly.

tim:
Keep disturbing them - they get very cross!

Systemics on edibles? Do check the 'safe' period.

Garlic - you must all have it coming out of your ears? I would rather tolerate the fly (which won't do much harm?) than lose my lovely garlic.

Jeyes - haven't a clue - but 'twould make a tasty  gravy?? = Tim

teresa:
Tim,
When they get cross they bite be carefull?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version