Author Topic: now youve fixed it ill have it back!!!  (Read 5703 times)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Re: now youve fixed it ill have it back!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 08:32:12 »
I would understand if he wanted the half plot back when he had recovered, that would have been ok, but to let someone else have it after this person had done all of the hard graft in my opinion is not fair. I believe that what goes around comes around so just sit back and watch.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 08:47:15 »
Hip operations are no big deal, they are one of the easiest operations of their type to do. They need great skill from the surgeon and should result in the recipient being more active than before.

I had a replacement hip in 1999 and have been more active since. I started cycling again within 25 days of the operation (although I wasn't allowed to drive for seven weeks). I know that my left hip (replacement) is much better than my right hip. What is necessary is a positive attitude, the trouble is that many people have a negative attitude, saying that they can't do things because they have had a replacement.

My surgeon said that my muscles were strong and put it down to regular cycling, I am now nearly 80 and still cycle regularly with our club, I also still do digging (clay soil) although using a Wolsley Webb Rotavator is a challenge these days.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 09:08:29 »

Larkshall --  you are amazing !  :D

Don't think I would even think of doing all that work unless it was understood that I was helping someone who needed it and on the bases that it was still his plot and would want to take it back when he was able to work it again.
  Really feel how dissappointing it must have been to have it passed on to someone else, not much gratitude there !
  I have learnt a lot from this thread and if ever a similar situation arises for me, i would be very wary
of ' helping out' unless it was in the true sense of some one in need.   Think that it would more likely
involve all the lottie folk and a case of ' mucking in '. 

Floss xxx

Hertfordshire,   south east England

markyb23

• Half Acre
  • Bloke from Stoke
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 09:24:11 »
That's unlucky n8r.
 I don 't think anyone's done anything wrong though. Having said that, i would have expected your neighbour to give you a reasonable amount of notice to vacate, maybe six months.
  I've done a similar thing with a part of my second plot. As i've been struggling to make much progress, for various reasons, i've let another plot holder use a section of the plot, but on the clear understanding that i can have it back for my own use whenever i want to.
  He's happy to have the extra space. I'm happy because my second plot is looking a lot tidier. If i fail to make headway with the remainder of the second plot in the near future, i'll let him have it, if he wants it, providing there's no one on the waiting list. If there is someone waiting, then, at least they wont have a totally overgrown plot to start off with. :)

sawfish

• Hectare
  • glasgow dreamer
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 09:51:37 »
I could understand if he took it back himself but 'his mate has plans'!! Sounds like it was just a ploy to get it knocked into shape.

We'll see if the guys 'mate' does anything good with it or if it slowly descends into disrepair again before they get some other young hopeful to dig it over once more.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 09:53:44 by sawfish »

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2008, 12:55:55 »
I've seen several plot-sharing situations, and none of them has worked for long, though usually they're not so acrimonious as this. As I said before, it's best avoided.

amphibian

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2008, 20:33:55 »
You could always dose the soil with sodium chlorate.

Or these days just dig in some friendly manure ;)

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2008, 08:45:47 »
You could always dose the soil with sodium chlorate.

Or these days just dig in some friendly manure ;)

I had to read the post twice, now I realise what you mean by "friendly manure" (in view of recent posts). ;D ;D
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2008, 10:20:02 »
This didn't go down well with one or two of us on the lotty site .. >:(
Wer'e only  little site with 22 plots all are tennanted and it's very rare for any to become available.I remember 2 in the last 10 years both sadly from bereavement.
I saw what a great job n8r had made of the half plot he was sharing and  I also got wind of a plot that may be coming up owing to the guy that was the tennant
who is a spare time game keeper, beat manager not having enugh time to do it justice so at the end of this year he was thinking  of giving it up.
Upshot is I signed m8r up for the plot on Saturday, so now he has got his own plot in his name complete with 2 brick bulidings a 10x6 greenhouse, spring cabbage, onion sets,sprouts leeks and parsnips growing. 2 mature compost heaps etc etc ... So alls well that ends well..   PS. I didnt realise he had also posted  about this  ;D

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 10:31:43 by growmore »
Cheers .. Jim

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 10:29:44 »
What a Christmas present!  Well done Growmore and congratulations N8R!

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2008, 10:33:36 »
That is good news,not only a plot of his own ,but one ready to go,rare indeed. :)

N8R

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2008, 10:43:13 »
nice one cheers mate   n8r.......baby ella  ..... ;) ;D ;D

Susiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2008, 12:17:03 »
I am a strong believer in the saying "you reap what you sow" but it is not usually so immediate - so great work growmore well done all round. and nr8 please don't let this experience stop you from offering a friendly hand it offers its rewards in the strangest of ways :)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2008, 14:57:48 »
There is a god, lovely chrissie pressie n8r, and three cheers 4 Growmore.   ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2008, 18:19:28 »
superb result! ;)
You couldn't make it up!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2008, 18:26:59 »
Someone else favoured by Santa!!  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal