Author Topic: now youve fixed it ill have it back!!!  (Read 5702 times)

N8R

• Quarter Acre
now youve fixed it ill have it back!!!
« on: September 19, 2008, 11:56:50 »
to my delight at the beginning of the year i was asked to help one of the" old boys"by taking over half his plot as he had just undergone hip surgery and obviously could not cope ,brilliant i thought as i only have a small( but still very productive )plot my self.although it was not started until late may alot of hard work sweat and passion were thrown intro a rather run down and dear i say neglected garden resulting in an unexpected bumper harvest of cauliflowers,assorted beans and peas ,cabbages,sweet corn,potatoes,carrots,curly Cale,leeks and some very heavily ladden tomatoes (which unfortunately succumbed >:( to blight) .now i have been asked to hand back the garden to the owner not through any fault of my own and not because the "owner " wants it back but because his "mate " in the next garden has plans for it . so yesterday i stripped the garden with help of a true gardener and friend and we handed back the keys . lets just hope these two men neither of who can walk or bend properly enjoy there garden and all the hard work it brings .... would be very grateful for your opion on this one as it seems very unfair to me
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:19:45 by N8R »

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: now youve fixed it ill have it back!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 12:23:22 »
Who asked you to give it up?  A committee member or the plot holder?  The neighbour has no rights on it as they already have a plot of their own.   

Unfortunately when sharing a plot,  only the name on the contract has any rights.  On our site - if you have been sharing a plot for 20 years and the other person dies or gives up allotmenteering,  the sharing person has no rights to the plot.  Only exception to this,  the one person who has an automatic right to the plot sibling next of kin.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:25:06 by ktlawson »
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 12:49:53 »
Plot sharing never seems to be very successful unfortunately. Put it down to experience and don't make that mistake again.

little pea

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 13:01:58 »
Oh that seems really unfair to me  >:(
Did you think about leaving a load of caterpillars behind as a little farewell present (only joking)
Is he in the rigtht to do that, doesn't sound good to me but not sure on rules and regs. ???

amphibian

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 13:10:36 »
I can send you a bag of bindweed and couch rhizomes if it would ease your pain.

Drive-by abuser

• Not So New ...
  • Growin veg, you havin a laugh catch ya later, yeah
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 14:02:20 »
I have a few mantraps you can borrow for the weekend........they will NEVER walk again!!
Drive-by abuser

robbo

• Quarter Acre
Re: now you've fixed it ill have it back!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 14:09:46 »
I can send you a bag of bindweed and couch rhizomes if it would ease your pain.

Not a nice thing to do. But on this occasion, if it has happened like you say, fully justified and deserved. If you rent a house, when you hand the keys back, the house should be in its original condition. You have been used and cheated and would only be returning the ground to its original condition.

Robbo.

P.S. I have loads of very big bindweed rhizomes if you want them.
Don't take life so seriously, it's not permanent.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 14:16:46 »
It seems like your good will and nature has been seriously abused.

What goes around comes around. Im sure what they have done they will live with, that type of user usually does. At least your clear you did everything honestly.

What scum....................take heart, we all agree with you.

Cyber (((hugs)))
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

tlc

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 14:52:33 »
That sounds terrible!  I'd be really furious if that had happened to me.

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 15:30:01 »
I would be very unhappy - but I think that these days - there is no loyalty.

One of the women on my site is doing just this - she wanted to share my chickens with me when I first got them and I said no!  Thankfully - she has now got two bits of other people's plots along with her own.  She has chickens on the next door plot and to the rear of her someone else has said she can have half their plot.  Only trouble she is up the lottie all day every day and you cannot stop her rabbiting on and on and on and on!  She also gossips and passes on what you have said to other people and then tells you what other people have said about (and against) you!

I have stopped talking to her - just to stop the gossiping - although I am probably the main topic of gossip at the moment as I don't now bother to talk to her. I am not being nasty I will happily say Hello but then move on - quickly!

They are bound to fall out at some stage and god knows what she will do with her chickens or her other patch if this happens!

I have learn't by experience - not to share - too much potential - as has happened to you N8R - for disaster.  I am so sorry for you - but a lesson learned and certainly now somewhere for you to chuck your slugs and snails onto!

Old Bird

:o

sawfish

• Hectare
  • glasgow dreamer
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 20:04:20 »
Sounds like a selfish, conniving old user to me. You should tell the comittee.

N8R

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 21:30:49 »
would like to thank every body for their support and obvious sympathy has actually made me feel better about the situation . a new garden has already been given to me by a good mate so hopefully the future will be brighter cheers  ......   ps drive by abuser how much do ya want for the man traps  ha ha ha ....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 21:35:58 by N8R »

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 22:00:23 »
You could always dose the soil with sodium chlorate.

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 22:58:26 »
lets just hope these two men neither of who can walk or bend properly enjoy there garden and all the hard work it brings

If you feel cheated or used, that's one thing, and you have my sympathy, you really do.

However,  I'll thank you not to use the man's physical condition as ammunition. Do you think that anyone less robust than yourself doesn't deserve to have their go? For God's sake, you said yourself the man has had a hip operation. Most people on here would generally be delighted that he's on the road to recovery and gradually getting back into the swing of things.

You say you were asked to help out and you were delighted- but at what? The chance to do some good? The tone of your post leads me to suspect otherwise. It sounds to me more like you thought you were going to get your hands on this plot permanently and I believe I can hear the loud squelching of sour grapes.
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 23:02:55 »
If you read the original post properly you will see that the owners mate had his eye on it. ::)

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 23:15:56 »
No problem with my reading skills, Betula. It doesn't matter who else 'has their eye on it'.  They clearly weren't the only ones.
Lesson for life:

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 23:31:09 »
Well you can not blame the guy for being disappointed..

I do not know how much land you have to grow on but I think if you are desperate for space and you think you have a chance of it and then it is taken away by someone else,not the owner,fair play to him.He is entitled to his sour grapes.

And sorry,if someone is not fit enough to work the land why do they want it.?

There is enough moaning on this site about plots not being worked,whatever the reason.

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 23:47:56 »
Disappointment I can understand, but...

if you are desperate for space and you think you have a chance of it

...then you ask - don't you?
Lesson for life:

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 23:57:40 »
I think the point this guy is trying to make is where was this owners friend when the plot was not in good shape.?

The poster has put the work in and miracle,the friend can suddenly do something with it.

Yes he probally did have hopes of keeping the plot but in that situation,wouldn't you?

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 01:04:55 »
Nope, I would ask openly before agreeing to 'help', thus avoiding the sorry spectacle of a whinge-fest afterwards.

Lesson for life:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal