Author Topic: Kale?  (Read 1507 times)

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Kale?
« on: September 22, 2008, 14:52:24 »
I was wondering what everyone does with their kale. I like the earthiness of it but would like some ideas for something other than just using it as a green veg?

HappyCatz

• Quarter Acre
  • Cornwall
Re: Kale?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 09:56:32 »
I like to chop it up and add to soups like minestrone.  Nigella does a nice bean and barley broth which looks good with kale added and I seem to remember a potato and kale soup recipe that i cut out from a magazine :)

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 10:05:04 »
try roughly tearing it up, coat with olive oil, ground black pepper and a little sea salt to taste, then grill till crispy. use immediately as a nice snack or an accompaniment. if you are lucky to have leftovers store in the fridge and warm up under the grill and it will crisp back up. i sometimes add other seasoning such as chilli paste/ cumin/ garlic, etc. it all depends on my mood.

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 10:57:43 »
You might like 'Chinese seaweed'. Too many variations to put here, but a quick google will give you the idea.

pippy

• Acre
  • North Notts Allotments!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 11:12:18 »
I use mine in curries!  It's lovely and meaty - goes well with potatoes and mushrooms, or beans and mushrooms.

You can also fry it like chinese "seaweed" (which is aclually fried spinnach)  but I haven't tried that.
Leave only footprints, take only photographs ....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal