Author Topic: Healthy option banana bread recipe?  (Read 1526 times)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Healthy option banana bread recipe?
« on: September 16, 2008, 15:34:30 »
I was just wondering if anybody has a healthy option banana bread recipe they'd like to share with me, please?

OH & I have been on a healthy eating regime for the past 4-5 months (losing a couple of stone each so far, yeeehaaaaw!) but obviously we like a little dabble in the naughty stuff from time to time (too many times in my case, lol) My OH loves banana bread and I'd like to make him one that he won't feel too guilty about eating.  I know I can have a look via google but I'd rather get one from an A4A member because that way I know it'll be good n tasty!  ;D

valmarg

• Hectare
Re: Healthy option banana bread recipe?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 16:18:02 »
The following is a recipe I was given years ago.  It is very tasty, but from experience, |I think you need to keep an eye on it.  The length of time, and cooking time are a bit long and high, respectively.  Other than that, thoroughly recommended. ;D

JAMAICAN TEABREAD

4 oz butter or margarine
8 oz soft brown sugar
2 tbsp water
12 oz self-raising flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
2 eggs beaten
2 ripe bananas, sliced
1 oz granulated sugar

Melt fat in a saucepan; add sugar and water, stirring until sugar dissolves.  Allow to cool.

Place flour and ginger in a bowl and add melted mixture to the flour.  Add beaten eggs and combine ingredients thoroughly.  Fold in sliced bananas.  Turn mixture into a large (2lb) greased and floured loaf tin.  Smooth top and sprinkle with granulated sugar.

Bake at 375oF, 190oC for one hour.  Leave to cool.  Serve sliced with butter.  (Makes 15 – 20 slices)

valmarg

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 16:26:41 »
I was just wondering if anybody has a healthy option banana bread recipe

Dont know about healthy; but I made a banana cake earlier in the year with my 2 kids.  They were not keen on it,  missus was on her diet,  so I ensured it all got eaten over 3 days.  (Only gave 1/4 away.  Yummee)    I have just found this on Recipes4all:

http://www.recipes4all.co.uk/index.php?topic=346.0
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 16:28:50 by ktlawson »
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 16:57:19 »
I use the same recipe but with pure spread and half and half sugar, half the amount of sugar, plus some dried fruit, don't put sugar on the top..so, nothing like it  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal