Author Topic: Off on me hols...  (Read 1765 times)

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
Off on me hols...
« on: August 29, 2008, 15:43:09 »
We just booked a week in Nerja, Spain, leaving tomorrow morning at 0500 hours. What does the O stand for? Oh my god it's early!

Probably not the must exclusive of places, but a week of family time in the sun is just what we need after what we've been going through!

So, forgive the radio silence for the next 7 days, try not to miss me too much & see y'all soon!

Ollie

twinkletoes

• Hectare
Re: Off on me hols...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 15:54:10 »
OllieC - with the year you've had, if anyone deserves a holiday - it has to be you and yours. Who cares whether it is "the" place to be seen this year.  Go enjoy yourselves and tell us how great it was when you get back....after you have done all the weeding!
twinkletoes

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 16:17:38 »
Have a gr8 time Ollie, you all deserve a strong dose of R&R.  See you when you get back  :-* :-*
The Tuscan Beaneater

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 16:25:16 »
You have a great time..XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 17:09:57 »
Hey Ollie, have a great time with your family all the best. ;D ;D ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 17:46:04 »
Have the most FABBO time Ol and all the other Ols - by 'eck you deserve it!

The 'O' stands for "Ollie" of course....it's yer Own special tailor-made 'Ol ...

...innit?

Have a great time orl of you, Lish xxx

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 18:30:27 »
Ollie have a wonderful time with your family and forget all that has gone on.  Have lots of fun and Sangria and sunshine and enjoy being together.  Will be thinking of you.  Take care

T.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 21:40:05 »
You are probably in bed now trying to get a few hours kip so sorry if I am late to say have a wonderful holiday with your family.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 21:50:51 »
Nerja's cool! Have fun. :-* :-*

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
Re: Back from me hols...
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 18:35:00 »
Well, we're back!!!

I tell you what, it's bloody cold here. I've put the heating on & surreptitiously added a few chili flakes as I was passing the chicken, tomato & courgette combo that Wendy had carefully prepared for tea...

Nerja is cool. As with Lanzarote, I was expecting beerguts, bling & burberry, but instead was delighted to be miles wide of the mark. Fantastic food, lovely beaches, friendly locals & only the occasional embarrassing UK tourist...

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 18:59:49 »
Glad you had a good time. I haven't been to Nerja for about 10 years but my memories are of an old and pretty Spanish town, largely unspoilt and at that time fairly free of tourists. Spectacular views,caves, great food and wine and the ubiquitous sea, sand and sun unspoilt by drunken Brits, pushy Dutch or Germans pre-booking the entire beach! ;D ;D

Oh and the locals spoke Spanish to me.   Well no actually it was andaluz so a bit difficult to make out!! ;)

Well that is seriously weird! I wrote this in this thread and it also appeared in the other one. :o :o :o I think I need a drink. Where's my waiter's friend?? ;D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 19:04:09 by grawrc »

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 19:04:39 »
Glad to see you back, Ollie.  You must feel relaxed, even tho' you're cold.  The chilli will soon warm you up though  ;D ;D ;D
The Tuscan Beaneater

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 19:11:13 »
Damnit Ollie you changed the name of the thread! Thought I was losing my marbles for a minute!! ;D ;D

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 19:30:15 »
Thought I was losing my marbles for a minute!! ;D ;D

Haha!! Better to lose your marbles than your double jointed waiters friend!!!  ;D

littlebabybird

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 22:39:31 »
welcome back ollie, tis very cold isnt it, and i have had a week to get used  to it
lbb

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 20:46:53 »
Just caught up with this thread! I lived in Nerja for 7 years! and stay there 2 night a week! We could have done some seed swapping Ollie, or had a beer!! where did you stay?

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 21:09:39 »
Half way up the hill to Frigiliana... as you're going up, there's a sharp right, then a left, then some recycling bins on the left with a turning opposite... down that track is where we were...

Ah, it was so lovely... seems like ages ago now!

I must admit to being more of a beer drinker than a seed swapper! Would've been cool. There's always next time!!

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 21:17:20 »
Beer it is! Some lovely places on the frigiliana road! I know the area well! did you walk along the valley? we used to go for a swim in the res, then on for a BBQ on Sunday afternoons

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal