Author Topic: I GOT MY ALLOTMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8099 times)

trinity

• Acre
Re: I GOT MY ALLOTMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 09:51:44 »
this is my Lotty and my friend and her kids just want to say thank you to everyones suport  ;D ;D ;D

scarecrow941

• Not So New ...
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2008, 10:34:46 »
what site you on i am on bluebell
aging scarecrow

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2008, 16:48:46 »
Congratulations, now the fun bit begins! It's a good time of year to take one on in my experience, you can take your time over getting sorted out. You can plant some garlic and overwintering onions in October/November, still time for some brassicas if you buy in seedlings as well. Good luck! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

lolabelle

• Hectare
  • nero
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2008, 19:55:37 »
congratulations TRINITY . looks like you'll be a busy girl!!! ;D ;D ;Denjoy  ;D ;D ;D

KathrynH

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2008, 21:51:02 »
Congratulations! Look forward to hearing about your successes (and failures!)

But 8 hours digging in one go sounds a lot. Don't overdo it now!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 13:18:55 »
Great news Trin,  as everybody has said no one deserves it more than you, after all the chasing, phone calls, letter writing and fence climbing, its just nice to see some positives for a change. Take your time and don't put in too many 8 hrs, a bit at a time and concentrate on getting ready for next season as Deb says get some ground ready for o/w onions and garlic. What site did you get on in the end and I bet you get offered a plot on another site it always seems to happen like that, best of luck and three cheers for Trinity hip hip.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Gillyflower58

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2008, 21:05:06 »
Well done Trinty,
so pleased for you.
Good luck with all you do there, may the slugs and caterpillars always be on the other allotments!
Best wishes
Gillian

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2008, 21:24:57 »
Absolute congratulations, I am soooo pleased for you.  Been following your tale from the start.  Enjoy, you really deserve it.  Please keep us up todate.

trinity

• Acre
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 10:49:42 »
I got a plot on the Seaton station site. Having a day off today as  I need a rest and it is raining

My sister came down with me yesterday and we got the back third of my plot cleared and another bed dug and planted with broad beans and corjets that I had in pots that where to small for them.
 We have decided that we are going to cover her plot with black plastic for now and sort mine first.

The soil is very heavy clay and I will have to add a lot of organic material to it before it is good  and maby some sharp sand as well :-\ ??? it is very compacted with a serious lack of earth worms so I am going to dig some up  out of my moms garden to put in my beds. (But my mom dose not know this yet :o)

we think we can fit in 24 beds between the two plots and we are going to put a shed on one and a green house on the other ;D

My mom told me last night that she has never seen hard work make any one so stupidly happy :o :o

I will take my camera down again tomorrow to show what progress I have made

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 12:19:19 »
Fandabidozi trinity.  Brilliant.  I am so happy for you - worth the wait I hope.  Now for the hard work eh? Good luck and look forward to seeing your pics.
twinkletoes

trinity

• Acre
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 21:00:35 »
Went to the plot today by myself with all three kids and was expecting to be pulling my hair out by the end off the day but surprisingly they all behaved very well  :o

for most off the day there was only us in our section of the site so there was none for them to bother any way

They made mud pies and looked for bugs and played in the Wendy house and a 3 30 when I told them we where going home (we left the house at 8) they begged to stay so we stayed till 6 so it seemes like they are enjoying having an allotment as much as mummy is ::) ;D

forgot to take my camera so pic,s will be taken tomorrow ;D ;D ;D

trinity

• Acre
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2008, 22:12:00 »
Hear are a few more pictures of my allotment and the 3 beds I have planted the last pic is of the first day

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2008, 22:14:33 »
Wow ,fast worker,Don't forget the net. :)

KathrynH

• Acre
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2008, 22:24:24 »
Looking good girl! Glad to hear the kids are enjoying it too, great way for them to be spending time and I'm sure you will all have really happy memories of it when they are older as well as the enjoyment you are getting now.

trinity

• Acre
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2008, 13:37:48 »
 ;D I picked my first crop today ;D ;D ;D ;D it was only 30 or so cherry bell radishes but even so I was so existed I was last there on sunday (missed a few days rain and my sons birthday) and I knew they would be some ready ;D Told every one i have talked to today ::) ::) ::)
this was especially good as this is the first time i have successfully grown radishes as they do not seem to grow well in pots off compost ::)
and I only planted them 3 weeks ago
growing stuff is such fun ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2008, 17:33:03 »
Hi Trinity, the radishes are the first of many things to come, I bet you couldn't contain your existment sorry I meant excitment, by the way hows the weather up there without using the word windy.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

trinity

• Acre
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 17:53:17 »
I DONT THINK YOU CAN DISCRIBE THE WEATHER IN HARTLEPOOL WITHOUT USING THE WORD WINDY ::) ::) ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal