Author Topic: Blight!!  (Read 1089 times)

minxy

• Not So New ...
Blight!!
« on: September 21, 2008, 11:06:26 »
Hi All

I have been a member for a while and have taken time to read many of your posts, learning new things all the time!
I have recently started a veggie patch in the garden. I have put in some new potatoes ready for Christmas, Charlotte and Nicola. This morning I have noticed dark patches on the leaves and they are starting to die off, is this blight? If so is there anything I can do about it?

Many Thanks
Minxy

pete10

• Half Acre
Re: Blight!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 12:02:48 »

Hi
   When did you put the spuds in , I  doubt they are dying off just yet .
   If it was me i would take the spotted leaves off and give the plants,
   and see how they go.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 12:07:59 by pete10 »

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 12:33:23 »
Welcome to the site Minxy... sounds like the blight and removing the infected leaves is the best you can do, hoping to stop it spreading to the stems... you can spray them but I don't so I'll let others erecommend what you should use. For this reason most people grow "Christmas spuds" under cover, and it allows a longer season if we get some early frosts.
Keep your fingers crossed!  :-\

minxy

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 10:33:32 »
Thanks for your advice, although it seems to be spreading so quick I don't think I am going to be able to salvage anything!!

Very disheartening however it is my first attempt so I guess it is live and learn!

Thanks again
Minxy

Able

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 11:01:48 »
I had a very similar problem. Not sure what i am going to do. just panic i think !!!! Unbelievable !!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal