Author Topic: LIDL SET TO LOSE MILLIONS  (Read 23750 times)

mustavagander

• Not So New ...
LIDL SET TO LOSE MILLIONS
« on: September 04, 2008, 08:24:32 »

do my shopping at lidl west strand preston..go in every afternoon on my way home from the allotment
so i notice the price increases..tin steak 99p next day £1.38  a 39% increase  many items are now 50% even 100% more than last year....no wonder its quiet....but wait untill the end of the tradeing year
millions of pounds in profit down
throught greed

lets hope they keep the seeds at 29p a packet

mustavagander

• Not So New ...
Re: LIDL SET TO LOSE MILLIONS
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 13:07:21 »
plenty of readers  no replys  looks like you have not herd of lidl

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 13:13:22 »
What do you want us to say?....poor Lidl?.

Of course we've all heard of Lidl. I do quite alot of shopping there and in other "cheaper" stores like Netto and Aldi.

Nothing we can say will change their pofit outcome!
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 13:25:00 »
I find Harrods food hall or marks and spencer food rather good.

The bonus is you do not have to concern yourself with their profits ::) ::) ::)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 14:21:18 »
I have used lidls in germany when we are touring, I have noticed that they swop the Euro sign for the pound sign for the same goods. Last year the euro was worth about 70p so the price difference in England was quite substantial. Now the Euro is catching up on the pound so the english profits are falling, that is why there are some big jumps in prices.

We will keep on buying as we are used to being ripped off. Also if you eat tinned steak you deserve all you get.
Discusting habit! ;)

Betula,that's not your voice over on the Marks adverts is it ? These are not just bananas they are twice as much as anywhere else bananas.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 14:27:46 »
Wouldn't shop at Harrods or Marks & Sparks due to their high prices.  Never shopped at Lidl and my nearest Aldi is totally rubbish now (never used to be).   There is Tesco,  Sainsbury and Morrisons where I live.  They are not too badly priced because they are all within 100yds of each other. 
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Kingfisher

• Half Acre
  • My Allotment
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 14:31:02 »
would be interested in your comments on Aldi also ;D

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 14:36:04 »
Its in there,  2nd line down.  Don't want to be missing anybody out now do we. ;D ;D
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Kingfisher

• Half Acre
  • My Allotment
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 14:39:01 »
Its in there,  2nd line down.  Don't want to be missing anybody out now do we. ;D ;D

sorry, silly me, I need to get me glasses on I think  :-[

Kingfisher

• Half Acre
  • My Allotment
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 14:43:39 »
All I can say is that I am realy glad that I got my allotment back in April, I think that was a good choice with everything going up so much. and I think that most of my home grown has been in better condition that the cheaper shops 

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 14:45:52 »
I have used lidls in germany when we are touring, I have noticed that they swop the Euro sign for the pound sign for the same goods. Last year the euro was worth about 70p so the price difference in England was quite substantial. Now the Euro is catching up on the pound so the English profits are falling, that is why there are some big jumps in prices.

We will keep on buying as we are used to being ripped off. Also if you eat tinned steak you deserve all you get.
Discusting habit! ;)

Betula,that's not your voice over on the Marks adverts is it ? These are not just bananas they are twice as much as anywhere else bananas.

I must admit my very fave food is Marks and Spencers.............always good quality.

Over the bank holiday they had a meal for two deal including wine and I thought it was good value.

Bananas..........hmmm maybe not,we are lucky enough to have a green grocer in the village and as we stay in Tewkesbury quite often I like to use the market theare.
Even when funds were low I would not use Lidl.I have only ever been in one once and I hated it,preferred to buy Tesco or sainsburys own brands.

Harrods was a joke by the wayLOL
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 15:33:56 by betula »

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 15:00:28 »
When Lidl,Aldi and Netto first opened in this area people turned their noses up because of the cheap goods.

When people started shopping their children were ridiculed by others because their parents shopped in these places.

However,these shops now sell many many "branded varieties" much cheaper than Tesco's etc.

If I could get everything I needed at Aldi I would do all my shop there.I enjoy the variety of "continental" foods they supply.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 15:05:24 »
I LOVE Lidl!  ;D

Don't think they're about to lose millions based on a price rise on tinned steak though.

Everything's gone up due to hikes in costs all over the place ... animal feed, distribution costs etc.
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 15:17:14 »
I shop at Lidl too, though I shop selectively. Not everything at Lidl, Netto or Aldi is nice, so bread as an example is never bought there.

For other stuff..........they are great shops!
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 15:38:05 »
I love to browse in Aldi and Lidl - don't always buy anything though. Can't remember which of them I  went in but one did a really nice "salad" - you know like a potato salad thing - it has leeks and ham in it and it was dead delish.  ;D  Otherwise I am an Asda-girl.
twinkletoes

mustavagander

• Not So New ...
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 23:09:26 »
never been in aldi so cant comment but it will be the same  set to lose millions you mark my words

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 23:40:35 »
I shop at Tesco and top up at Waitrose and I am also an Aldi and Lidl flitter. All food has gone up wherever you shop. I am thinking of putting the family out to grass. ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 00:00:41 »
I shop at Tesco and top up at Waitrose and I am also an Aldi and Lidl flitter. All food has gone up wherever you shop. I am thinking of putting the family out to grass. ;D

I shop at Morrisons and ALDI, Morrisons Large eggs went up from £1.09 to £2.09 then £2.29 per dozen (19p each), ALDI's big eggs 99p per 10 (9.9p each). I know which I prefer.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

mustavagander

• Not So New ...
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 00:13:21 »
lets have some decent veg at lidl,,,fresh every day...b******s
i put better in the compost bin

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 01:45:02 »

Can't remember which of them I  went in but one did a really nice "salad" - you know like a potato salad thing - it has leeks and ham in it and it was dead delish.  ;D 

I like Lidls potato salad with chives. £1.49. Its about the only thing I buy in there.

lets have some decent veg at lidl,,,fresh every day...b******s
i put better in the compost bin

I'd agree - most of its gone off before you get to the checkout.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal