Author Topic: Tomato leaves-stained hands  (Read 13392 times)

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Re:Tomato leaves-stained hands
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2004, 15:11:57 »
Aqui I buy jumbo boxes of plastic surgeon type gloves from "trading for you", only trouble is at this time of year, they do make your hands sweat!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2004, 19:07:27 »
AQUILEGIA! WAKE UP!  ;D Have just been reading through a pile of old copies of "Garden News" (casts offs from relatives!) and Top Tipster Nan Greenshields says:
"To remove the stubborn stains from your hands after working with tomato plants, cut a GREEN tomato and rub it on your hands before you wash. When you wash your hands, the stains will just vanish."
Now you know!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2004, 22:25:17 »
That has reminded me of another possible old wives tale Spurdie.  When you get sunburnt, rub the flesh of a ripe tomato over the affected areas and it will sooth the pain.  The only memory I have of my next door neighbour when I was a ickly bitty girl it seeing him strutting around his back garden, red raw, and covered in tomato pips!  :D  Wonder if it worked?

Spurdie

• Acre
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2004, 20:49:45 »
Never heard of rubbing a tomato on sunburn!!!  ;D Maybe someone told him that for a laugh!!! I always was told to put yoghurt on sunburn. Either way the wasps will start landing on you, but at least it will take your mind off the sunburn!
Got a cracker of a tip (more like a lifesaver up here!) from a neighbour re midge bites - put on vinegar. You might smell like a chip, but at least it stops the itching!  :P (this tip really DOES work!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal