Author Topic: crickets/grasshoppers - jumpy things  (Read 3513 times)

Pixie

• Acre
  • Chorlton the magical happiness dragon
crickets/grasshoppers - jumpy things
« on: August 17, 2004, 11:01:56 »
On my new lottie  :)  :)  :) (smug mode) which I went to visit yesterday evening there seemed to be an abundance on jumpy things.  

Im not sure if they were crickets or grasshoppers but does anyone know if they do much damage ? and what to do about them if they do ?

The area where they have allocated my lottie seems to be mainly grassed area as the people who live in the terrace in front use them as gardens. It doesn't seem to have affected their veg (sneaky peek) but there was no one around to ask when I clear my plot will they go to the grass or eat my spuds?

Sam
"Jump in, we'll take you for a spin, and show you round the Wheelie World..."

Hugh_Jones

Re:crickets/grasshoppers - jumpy things
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 21:02:54 »
This thread shouldn`t be in the Pests & Diseases section at all.  I imagine that the insects to which you refer are in fact crickets, of which there has been something of a population this year.  I don`t think they are likely to damage your crops at all, and they are, in fact, quite partial to a diet of aphids and similar small pests.

Pixie

• Acre
  • Chorlton the magical happiness dragon
Re:crickets/grasshoppers - jumpy things
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 22:08:41 »
Thanks Hugh :) if they are likely to eat bugs they will be welcome in my lottie.

I'm not to good with how to tell these apart and if I mentioned it to my lover he would then trawl the internet looking for loads of info - not a bad thing I know but I couldn't get him off the net for three days when he realised he didn't know anything about woodlice.

Needless to say if anyone has any woodlice questions send them this way!

Sam
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004, 17:10:54 by Pixie »
"Jump in, we'll take you for a spin, and show you round the Wheelie World..."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal