Author Topic: Rosebud and Georgie.  (Read 1201 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Rosebud and Georgie.
« on: September 04, 2008, 20:27:17 »
As you both know I am an expert on losing my way on any journey I make. Those days are gone!! Grandson Lee (the mechanic who keeps my old banger on the road for me) popped in yesterday to have a cup of tea and said "I bought you a little present Nan" I now have a sat-nav :) Georgie please don't mention map reading...I don't know North from South!!!! WOOHOO I will be allowed out on my own now ;D

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Rosebud and Georgie.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 20:38:45 »
wooo-hoo, brill, lorna
we borrowed one for cornwall, it had darth vader's voice or borat  ;D
finally settled on one we called Jason 'cos it sounded like jason donavan  ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 20:43:36 »
As you both know I am an expert on losing my way on any journey I make. Those days are gone!! Grandson Lee (the mechanic who keeps my old banger on the road for me) popped in yesterday to have a cup of tea and said "I bought you a little present Nan" I now have a sat-nav :) Georgie please don't mention map reading...I don't know North from South!!!! WOOHOO I will be allowed out on my own now ;D

OMG Rosebud and we thought we were safe.  Not any more, she'll be round in a flash.  Lock up your greenhouse!   ;)  ;D

Seriously though Lorna, what a thoughtful present.  Your family are a credit to you.   :)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 20:48:53 »
Brilliant, Lorna. ;D Of course if you've got a person in the car who think they know better then it's a bloomin' nightmare. ::)
Smile, it confuses people.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 21:58:25 »
Driving alone with a SatNav is great. At least you have someone to argue with........... :D

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 22:03:37 »
Watch out though Lorna. Sometimes they get it wron ::) ::)g!!

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 22:32:43 »
Great pressy Lorna.  WE have had one a few years now and its certainly great if you are looking for a certain street in the middle of a housing scheme.  The womans voice annoys me mind but not as bad as the Road Angel OH has in the front of his car telling us about all the speed cameras and accident black spots.  Tiff Nidell I think.  Sometimes in his car we have Tiff talking, Sat Nav giving us directions and Led Zep blaring out.   madness.   :o :o

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 22:47:16 »

Last year Lish and I were visiting Rosebud. We finally found our Hotel, we rang Mary and she told us they lived about 10/15mins away so we set out,,,,,,2 hours later we arrived. I kept telling Lish she was supposed to be navigator. After a lovely meal at Mary's Ron said "Follow me, I will take you back to your hotel" We were a few doors from the Hotel but as it was a one way street we thought we would just go round the block, 6 miles later we finally got to the Hotel car park. Ron just shook his head when we told him.
Recently when I visited again daughter Lorna said I will take you, she has sat-nav.
Georgie you are right I am very lucky with my family.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 23:02:53 »
Lorna, even with a sat nav i would expect you an hour late :D :D :D.
 Yes Ron, still shakes his head with dismay about that night.

Georgie, everywhere is locked Hahahaha.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal