Author Topic: Excellent potatoe year  (Read 2164 times)

Lady Cosmos

• Acre
  • Lady of the dunes
Excellent potatoe year
« on: August 16, 2004, 20:12:04 »
This year is one of my best potatoe years ;D ;D.
Last weekend I started to dig and my potatoes are healthy and they are big and there are many of them....  ;D ;D

Wicker

• Hectare
Re:Excellent potatoe year
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 22:49:24 »
Still lifting earlies LC but they have been great with virtually no watering at all this year (except the torrential rain of course ::)).  second earlies start on Thursday and maincrop follows on - signs are good tho!
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2004, 22:59:44 »
Still eating our earlies, and they were all great.  Some cropped more than others, but I can not complain about taste, or damage!  Maincroppers, according to my diary, will have been in the ground for 22 weeks in a weeks time, so a test dig is due I sense.  Mine haven't received any extra water, other than that good old mother nature provided, and I think they did really well, and I am chuffed!!  ;D  Second croppers went in at the weekend - Carlingford and Charlotte.

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 23:57:31 »
Sorry to cast the 1st cloud.  My second earlies (Charlotte), in my 1st year  at the allotment, have been very disappointing both in quantity and in texture - floury and disintegrate when boiled.  Main croppers not yet harvested.

Biggest success likely to be PFAs currently taking over back garden if foliage is anything to go by.  Jill

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 07:21:29 »
PFA - yes, I've had foliage 4' long! Hence Anya - much more modest. Still lifting them.

Maxine, one of our 2nd earlies, is doing us proud. Very pure white inside & easy rub or peel skin. This is a typical plantsworth. = Tim
« Last Edit: August 17, 2004, 07:22:46 by tim »

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 07:39:29 »
PS - watch out for your PFA!! = Tim

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal