Author Topic: worlds shortest fence?  (Read 16858 times)

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
Re: worlds shortest fence?
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 12:16:48 »
what fake tomatoes? my tomatoes are real.
Amazin where are you garden pictures ? I do not recall seeing  them?

rosebud as for stupidity thanks for demonstrating yours.

TGG if you have nigh on entire forum telling you that you are a rude, obnoxious, self obsessed person then to be honest we cant all be wrong. Take some advice and go to some where your rudeness will be accepted. Not here.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 13:14:17 »
No, it's a hiding place behind which TGG sits painting his fake tomatoes red.

along with his toenails  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
The Tuscan Beaneater

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 14:06:26 »
Enuff of this you're ALL ignorant pheasants ;D

Saw this and thought - modern.. panels from sustainable sources (oo-err how pc is that?).. 21c version of the Eleanor Cross...now, might be out a cross or two, but there were 12(13?) crosses erected 'tween Lincolnshire where the lady died, and London, where the remaining bits of her were finally buried.....but this is OBVIOUSLY a monument to a locked (note the lack of a door handle?vital clue, that) Gents Urinal for the Specific Use of a Tall Thin Nobleman of the County en route to the Smoke, bostin for a P. The hunt is on for the remaining 11(12?) and hope to hell that when he gets there, that won't be locked either.

This Iz Wot It Iz An Wot I Rote is A Self-Evident Trooth.

ps....history doesn't say if lady also died bostin for a P, but that's artistic licence for ya

(and PS Asbean.....tickled pink by the Cat's Confessional ;D)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 14:19:33 by Alishka_Maxwell »

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 14:31:13 »
I do not crave attention and you are the ones attacking me. So you are obviously the trolls.

From wikipedia definition of a troll:
"Frequently, someone who has been labelled a troll by a group may seek to redeem their reputation by discrediting their opponents, for example by claiming that other members of the group are closed-minded, conspirators, or trolls themselves."

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 14:59:29 »
I think it was a demo fence from a fencing show and they couldn't think what to do with it afterwards then some bright spark thought 'I know, it's just the right size for that gap in my front garden'  - but it wasn't.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2008, 15:08:21 »
You cannot be serious....you all need to get out more.......experience the wider world.....you all know not what you say......It's not a fence........ It's a sledge..... sod.. I don't seem to have an exclamation mark^^^

....and can I have a mini trellis too, please?

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2008, 15:32:32 »
Oi! Do keep up in the back row!!(I've gottan exclamation mark & by golly! I'll use it!!! ;))......it's NOT a fence, it's NOT a sledge....IT'S A MODERN OBELISK, OK?

An Asbean doesn't have a bit of trellis....it's a Cat's Confessional, so there!

"forgive me Father for I have sinned....
today I coveted, nicked, killed and ate all the fishes in my neighbour's pond & sicked up all the bones on my mum's carpet"...

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2008, 15:36:29 »
the reason for fence is obvious. But since you all seem to lack some basic reasoning. i explain it to you.
The fence is to protect the wall while it being fixed and people away from the back of the bush behind it..

I think your wrong, looking at the wall it all thats wrong with it is that the top coping stone has become dislodged, probably by accident or by a person wishing to commit a sensless act of vandilism upon society of the person who owns the wall in question. Note the bottom left hand corner of the photo, you can cleary see why the next coping stone is still in place...You can also view the remenants of the mortar which held in place the old coping stone.

I see no valid reason why an engineer, workman or other trades person would see it fit to construct such a structre, mearly to protect a tree or other object, when the amount of work needed to repair said wall is minimal. Even after the relevant risk assesments have been undertaken of course.

However you maybe correct in your view thats it mearly there to protect the tree - but not for the reason you give, perhaps the coping stone became disloged during a minor motor vechile accident, and the owner of the tree took steps to prevent further damange to the tree in case of any further accidents. Although the level of protection provided by the structure looks to be minimal. In fact the resulting damanged caused by a car hitting the fence may still result in damage to the tree, the concrete posts supporting the fence may crash into tree breaking branches etc..

What are your thoughts now TGG ?

Edit - i also note that the tree is of the sicamore variety - hardly a tree on the endangered list...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 15:40:00 by keef »
Straight outt'a compton - West Berkshire.

Please excuse my spelling, i am an engineer

thegreatgardener

• Acre
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2008, 15:42:16 »
keef you missed my follow up post. Since I realized that it was a sign post with the sign missing.

thegreatgardener

• Acre
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2008, 15:50:29 »
Flunky
TGG if you have nigh on entire forum telling you that you are a rude, obnoxious, self obsessed person then to be honest we cant all be wrong. Take some advice and go to some where your rudeness will be accepted. Not here.

That is how the mob away claims innocence. But considering the that most of posts here have clearly demonstrated there ability to not to use nasty language ,on stay subject or use common sense. This can seen by by you post attacking me.   

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 15:52:03 »
keef you missed my follow up post. Since I realized that it was a sign post with the sign missing.

Oh yes, so you did -  ???

I still think your wrong though.

Firstly, the location appears to be a street of other public causeway - not the middle of a park.

Secondly, the posts are cleary of the type designed to take fenching panels. A grove along 2 apposing sides allows the constructor to merly slid in fence panels.  See examples here http://www.barkers-fencing.co.uk/images_barkers2/fence_panels.jpg

Thricely, Why would the anyone place 2 sign posts so close together ?

Qautencely, There are no visable signs for the fixing a sign to the post(s).

Pentagonaly, The posts appera to be on the propery side of the wall, possibly private property. Public sign posts would be placed on public land.

TGG ??

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2008, 16:31:22 »
Perhaps it's a mystery doorway.   Tonybloke, try disappearing behind it and see where you come out ..... dun dun derrrrrr ......

rosebud as for stupidity thanks for demonstrating yours.

Calm yourself, sunshine, because as far as stupidity's concerned, seems like you're the one reigning supreme at number one, thinking it's acceptable to be rude to a board of lovely people sharing a bit of banter. 

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2008, 16:36:17 »
Having had a closer look....the posts are in the right position, that is, upright. The fencing is lap fencing fastened with battons at right angles to the lap. The battons are what should be slotted into the grooves in the concrete uprights, not the lapping as shown here. This 'fence' is inserted the wrong way round. The laps should run from top to bottom, not sideways. If it is a fence, it's a bodge-job.
 I notice a gap in the existing fence to the left of the pic which would probably be about the right size for this 'fence'. If it's been created and used as such, chances are it's fallen over and the bloke living on the left propped it up in the owners garden...?

It also seems to have a concrete 'foot' which sort of makes sense to it being a bodge diy hole-in-fence fence.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 16:39:14 by kenkew »

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2008, 16:44:25 »
the reason for fence is obvious. But since you all seem to lack some basic reasoning. i explain it to you.
The fence is to protect the wall while it being fixed and people away from the back of the bush behind it..

TGG this is your first post on this subject. I dont know what part of the world you come from. But, if someone's first post is as aggresive as this then you can expect some sort of come back. You are basically saying that everyone who has seen this "lacks a basic reasoning" and you are going to "explain to us". Well that would upset the majority of people on hear. See further posts ie. "how rude". thats how people see you. If you want to be seen in a better light, then stop being so obnoxious. The thing is, its not just this post is nigh on every time you post anything. You always seem to upset people, thats no way to behave, Its almost as though you enjoy being so combative. Most people just dont like the way you speak to them. If you need further clarification ask someone else, should give you a fairly wide spectrum of opinions, who, cannot all be wrong. Stop being a victim and start being nice.

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2008, 16:49:43 »
Having had a closer look....the posts are in the right position, that is, upright. The fencing is lap fencing fastened with battons at right angles to the lap. The battons are what should be slotted into the grooves in the concrete uprights, not the lapping as shown here. This 'fence' is inserted the wrong way round. The laps should run from top to bottom, not sideways. If it is a fence, it's a bodge-job.
 I notice a gap in the existing fence to the left of the pic which would probably be about the right size for this 'fence'. If it's been created and used as such, chances are it's fallen over and the bloke living on the left propped it up in the owners garden...?

It also seems to have a concrete 'foot' which sort of makes sense to it being a bodge diy hole-in-fence fence.

I see your point about the lapping - but more importantly you would never find any fence panel of the dimensions apparant in the supplier catalogues. The constructor has mearly made there own bespoke panel to fit the purpose by cutting down a panel of standard supplier dimensions. Making a bespoke panel with the lapping going in the downward direction would'nt be to difficult for anyone with resonably good woodworking skills and a big saw - however the constructor has obvisously gone for the quicker method of dissambling the panel, romoving the lapping panels which are not required, cutting the trim to the correct size then re-assembleing - aka bodging it.

Of course installing lapped fencing with the lapping going in this direction is'nt un heard of - frequently in Fencing News (http://www.fencing-news.co.uk/) examples of this method can be seen.

TGG - your comments ?

thegreatgardener

• Acre
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 16:53:43 »
flunky people get mad all time when there actions are proved wrong or they miss the obvious.
They fact that they attack me shows they lack the ability to admit they are wrong and are rude impolite people.

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 16:57:15 »
flunky people get mad all time when there actions are proved wrong or they miss the obvious.
They fact that they attack me shows they lack the ability to admit they are wrong and are rude impolite people.

You are either being deliberately obtuse or you genuinely dont understand people. Stop being a victim and start being nice. If you need further clarification please ask someone else or review your own post to see what resposne you get, have a look at other people who post and see if they get the same response as you, i think you will see you are VERY wrong and hopefully you will become a nicer person / poster.

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2008, 17:01:39 »
Is it me or is this thread drifting off topic ?

thegreatgardener

• Acre
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2008, 17:05:50 »
keef sorry but your theory does fit the picture.
Also it start to drift when started attacking me

flunky I am being nice. they attack me first after not understanding my post. But since most message board contain these type of people who lack clear read skills. I consider it par for course.
flunky if I was not being nice I would have started using foul language and name calling earlier like they did.
ttfn

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2008, 17:09:10 »
tgg, if can't people understant read who your post, consider perhaps a bit more efort to enerstandable wen rwitinng.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal