Author Topic: What whould you make to freeze with a glut of Sweet Peppers ?  (Read 4579 times)

sandringham

• Not So New ...
I have a glut of Green Sweet Peppers at the moment ( due to my over enthusiastic sowing and adversion to killing off unwanted seedlings) and as I don't have a clue in the Kitchen (although I have been showing signs of interest since growing my own which is a good sign) I was hoping someone on here could suggest ways to cook them up into something tasty to freeze.

Thanks S.

Squashman

• Half Acre
Re: What whould you make to freeze with a glut of Sweet Peppers ?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 19:48:02 »
Why not freeze the peppers. I pick fresh, slice and freeze them. Use frozen in most dishes.

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 20:51:24 »
You could try Pepperonata - but I have only made this with mixed peppers before - not all green ones.

But www.fooddownunder.com have lots of different recipes just tupe in green pepper into the search bar.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 06:29:30 »
I deseed & freeze them ready for stuffing.

sandringham

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 09:45:08 »
You could try Pepperonata - but I have only made this with mixed peppers before - not all green ones.

But www.fooddownunder.com have lots of different recipes just tupe in green pepper into the search bar.

Great site, thanks for that. I will have a good look when I have more time. In the meantime I'll do as most suggested and just freeze them.

Thanks  Sandringham.

Sandringham

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 15:10:29 »
If you've also got a glut of onions, tomatoes, courgettes and aubergines, you could make ratatouille, and freeze it.

Any ingredients you don't have you could buy.

valmarg

Sally A

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 16:45:53 »
I'd suggest slice and freeze.  Good idea to put baking parchment between layers though, so you end up with a usable portion, not a big clump of frozen pepper.

Alternatively open freeze them, then store in bags/ice cream tubs.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal