Author Topic: Raspberry Canes  (Read 1178 times)

KathrynH

• Acre
Raspberry Canes
« on: June 20, 2008, 20:46:35 »
Last year I had a fantastic crop of Joan J autumn raspberries. I cut the canes down in winter and this year I have even more growth....but looks like very few raspberries. Any suggestions?

grotbag

• Hectare
  • granddaughter(miya) in Christchurch,Dorset
Re: Raspberry Canes
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 20:50:54 »
still a bit early i think,mine are just starting to fruit ,

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 21:20:55 »
hi, kathryn, welcome to the site, our autumn raspberries are only just putting on growth so you're well in front of us  ;D

KathrynH

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 22:21:56 »
You were right, I was being a bit premature and I am now harvesting a fantastic crop. However, whilst most of the canes are now producing lovely, large, solid fruit, a couple of them are producing fruit where the droplets of each raspberry are so loosely held together that they disintegrate into the individual droplets as you pick them. Anyone come across this before or know why it might be happenning?

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 22:33:48 »
Rain + Rain = larger seeds = larger individual fruits = 'get out of my way.'

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 00:16:55 »
We have Joan J raspberries.  We planted them along the side of the greenhouse.  They have 'suckered' into the greenhouse, and we have been having a wonderful early crop of dry raspberries.  Have been picking at least a pound a day.

The outdoor canes are producing fruit, but the rain will have to stop for the fruit to be pickable.

valmarg

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal