Author Topic: Help- present for a three-year old?  (Read 814 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Help- present for a three-year old?
« on: August 11, 2008, 20:28:32 »
My niece will be 3 on Friday and as my youngest is now 15 I'm a bit out oof touch! I need to order something online quickly, and I'm thinking a book would be nice. Has anyone got ideas, preferably fairly recently published as she has two older sisters and I want to try to avoid duplicates!

Tulipa

• Hectare
Re: Help- present for a three-year old?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 20:39:38 »
Hi Caroline

There is a book 'Oliver's Vegetables' by Vivian French which I think is about growing veg with lovely colourful illustrations.  Quite a good one to be given by an allotmenteer!

If you look on a website like Red House you will find ideas on recently published books for your niece's agegroup too.

I love buying children's books.  :)

T.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 20:57:12 »
Little girls of that age usually like role play by dressing up.  There are many suitable outfits in the shops and Woolworth normally have a good selection.  I bought my grandaughter a Stephanie outfit for her 3rd birthday and she loves it.

The Woolworth web address with dressing up clothes on is so long and would stretch the page too much but if you Google "Woolworth dressing up clothes" and then go into "Buy - Dress Up - Girl's Clothing - Baby Shop and Clothing", you will find them.

Early Learning Centres do doctors/nurses bags or cases and there are uniforms that go with these in various shops. 

I also bought my grandaughter a lovely, illustrated nursery rhyme book and she adores it.

Caroline, I would have a word with her mother to find out what your niece would like and there would be less chance of her getting duplicate presents.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 21:09:21 by Paulines7 »

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 21:12:17 »
I would do, Pauline, but she tends to come up with a list of very expensive things!

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 21:35:49 »
Books from the BBC programme 'In the Night Garden' are popular with pre-school children but I think they are rather expensive for what they are.  I've always found a selection of glitter pens, stickers, felt tips, stampers etc always go down well at this age and hair accessories are also popular with little girls.

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 22:03:05 »
Thanks for the ideas. I've ordered some books from Red House- they seem to have got better-priced since ours were younger, and hopefully there will be at least one they haven't got already!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal