Author Topic: Dissapointed of Essex  (Read 967 times)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Dissapointed of Essex
« on: August 27, 2008, 17:36:30 »
Had a word with the clerk in charge of allotments today about renting another 5 rod. I have a 5 rod already, but it's a squeeze every year and I can't plant the volume or variety I would like to. He says no chance, forget it. Apparently it's because I live outside of the Parish, parishoners will always take priority and there is a waiting list and I will always go to the end of it. He's going to put my name down but I probably wont ever get one. :(
 Not quite sure how I feel about this one, I can see his point, but I'm very disappointed. I don't want to move to another site as this is nearest (I live 2 houses outside the Parish) I've been here 3 years now.
I did think of trying to bribe him with my tomatoes but thought better of it ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Dissapointed of Essex
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 18:49:59 »
aww, I'm sorry, your disappointment comes through :'(

so.....howzabout your own 'parish'? Any chance of getting another lottie somewhere else?

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Re: Disappointed of Essex
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 19:51:06 »
No Lish, all too far away. Anyhow, I've sort of 'settled in' now, shed up, etc.
You know, as I've been preparing supper, I've got crosser and crosser :o
I actually don't think it's fair. Why should I go to the bottom of the list every time? I pay extra because I'm out of the parish. Not much, but that's what they ask. Also I'm told I don't have a voice at any meetings for the same reason. Maybe their rules and regs need updating. I think I'm going to pursue this now I've got my wild up  ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 19:53:23 »
How about throwing the tommies at him instead, two houses pathetic.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 20:38:10 »
.....but if the rules & regs get tightened, not a risk that you'd get thrown off when your tenure's up....(wot with you not being a res. of the parish, like..) and the lotties reverting to only residents?

I don't think it's right that you have no say at meetings, tho..as you are a fully paid-up member of the site I'd say you should have equal rights to the running of it, whatever?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal