Author Topic: A few garden pics  (Read 1830 times)

hopalong

• Hectare
  • East Finchley, North London
A few garden pics
« on: August 09, 2008, 07:50:44 »
Some pictures taken around the garden in the last couple of days.  The first water lily is the biggest thrill.
[attachment=1][attachment=2][attachment=3][attachment=4]
Keep Calm and Carry On

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Re: A few garden pics
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 10:11:31 »
Hey, we have matching cat flaps!   ;D

Lovely pictures.  My Agapanthus has long since finished flowering and I envy you your water lily.  Tell me more about your lovely cat.   :)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 12:26:05 »
Like the flowers but love the cat!  ;) ;D

hopalong

• Hectare
  • East Finchley, North London
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 16:19:28 »
Hey, we have matching cat flaps!   ;D

Lovely pictures.  My Agapanthus has long since finished flowering and I envy you your water lily.  Tell me more about your lovely cat.   :)

G x

Zeus, our cat, was 14 in June and is getting a little eccentric but is still lovable. I wasn't a cat person before we got him. He likes to sit at the front of the house and introduce himself to passers by. He also  likes the back garden but the birds, fish and frogs don't much like him! 

Sorry to have taken so long to reply, Georgie. Back from walking and climbing in the wet and windy Lake District and Northumberland a few days ago. The garden and allotment are seriously overgrown.
Keep Calm and Carry On

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 23:31:17 »
I must need glasses- thought that cat was a dark vase!

Your water lilies look so perfect, not a blemish on a leaf- so fresh. Ours are looking like they went through a war!
Thank you for psoting pictures- I love looking at gardens.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 09:44:50 »
What a great name for a cat - Zeus really suits him.  Kittens are cute but older cats have much more charachter.  My Shellley is 20 now and still rules the house with an iron paw.   ;D

G x

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal