Author Topic: Gas prices  (Read 7409 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: Gas prices
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 23:27:50 »
Perhaps we should all go to bed early and read by candle light.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2008, 06:56:54 »
Just fixed my gas and electricity with British Gas until 2011.  Did it on the internet.  Hope I have done the right thing, can't see that prices will drop, but at least my gas shares may go up and as I am old get a heating allowance.

Think the idea of riding around on buses, tubes and trains all day for nothing is brilliant, or of course with all the exercise at the allotment, a few hours digging warms one up.

I did the same as you yesterday morning Borlotti, hoping I'd done the right thing too.  Best friend is Mr Scottish Gas man who was round last night and said that we could fully expect ANOTHER 35% rise before the end of the year.  :o

You've been warned !

I'm busy digging out the thermal socks and the duvet for in front of the tele during the darker months.  Think I'll stock up on the candles too.

::)
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

penwortham115

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 17:21:51 »
when cooking my veg from allotment  i will bung it all in one pan... one ring lit...not 3
its the only way i can think of to cut the cost of my bills

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2008, 18:57:15 »
I do that as well except I have them on one ring but separated out in the steamer.  Our hob is run by Calor Gas and one 47kg cylinder lasts us a year. 

lillian

• Acre
  • Suffolk
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 17:49:36 »
Ofgem warns gas prices to rise up to 30% before winter(see The Telegraph) :o

Just changed my leccy supplier saving £130 ayear and capped until july 2012.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal