Author Topic: Bad thing about sunny days................  (Read 1055 times)

jordsbabe

• Half Acre
Bad thing about sunny days................
« on: July 27, 2008, 14:01:16 »
............... it means all you loverly people have disappeared off the internet for the day!  ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: Bad thing about sunny days................
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 14:10:28 »
Not me, I've had attacks of migraine two days running. I might make it later, but I don't really feel up to it.

jordsbabe

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 14:13:07 »
You poor thing Robert I hope it improves very very soon!

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 14:57:41 »
ive popped in because i have just had lunch and want to let it go down before i go out again, need to get the garden ship shape today as got loads to do before my holiday

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 15:38:22 »
It's too darn hot to do anything up the lottie  :'(  No shade - anywhere! Ah well back up this evening.

Hope you feel better soon Robert, I usually find a hot flannel on the back of my neck and a cold one on my forehead takes the edge off my migraines.
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 17:45:20 »
Indeed very hot....dropped the kids off at swimming and noticed an garden open nearby on an NGS open day....so popped along! Then went down the plot to do a bit of watering and picked some nice french beans to go with tea... 8)
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

loopyloulou

• Acre
  • oh my... thats a LOT of couch grass....
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 19:55:55 »
has definately been a hot one, kids have played in my parents garden all afternoon, nudey n running thru ice cold water! youngest is flaked but looks roasted the eldest cant sleep as hes too hot now, lol, typical hey?? we tried the allotment yesterday morning and they spent mostof the time in the shade as it was too hot then too, needless to say as usuall very little got done!
i think i like it here :D now who can tell me how to grow my own chocolate???

KathrynH

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 20:58:07 »
Nothing bad about a sunny day as far as I am concerned - can't get enough! Took it easy on the allottment this morning but still managed to come home laden with runner beans, courgettes, potatoes, raspberries and yet more blackcurrants. Back again this evening to water and have a chat.

jordsbabe

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 21:48:57 »
There is nothing really bad about sunny days it just ........ i miss everyone on the forum! lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal