Author Topic: Doggie help may be required  (Read 2332 times)

Pixie

• Acre
  • Chorlton the magical happiness dragon
Doggie help may be required
« on: July 29, 2004, 12:46:14 »
A bit of another sad post.

One of my neighbours passed away last night. I didn't know him that well but it was still a shock.

I know that his ex partner hasn't thought about this as he is in a state of shock, but he now lives in a rented flat in the centre of a town and they had four Bull Mastifs and a really cute Staffy and I just cant see them fitting in a flat.

I will talk to him about this tonight but does anyone have any experiences of re-homing big soft gental giants. The ideal would be for them all to go together but I know that wont be practical.  

I would hate the thought of them going to a kennels as they are so soft and I dont think too may environment changes would be good for them.

As I said it is all in up in the air at the moment but I want to broach the subject with him before we go on our hols on Saturday so I can help.

All thoughts are welcome.

Sam
"Jump in, we'll take you for a spin, and show you round the Wheelie World..."

feet of clay

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
Re:Doggie help may be required
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 22:07:52 »
How sad.  Finding someone to house all those dogs will not be easy.  One of my sons has a Staffie and his friend has an elderly lady Mastiff.  I agree that both breeds are tough-looking softies.  There are specific breed rescue organisations and I would make the Mastiff rescue people your first contact.  I will speak to my neighbour who is involved with animal rescue to see if she has any ideas.  I'm in the north near Manchester so not near enough to be much use.

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 22:13:18 »
Sam that is sad. Have nothing to add to FofC's very sound advice unfortunately, but hope all goes well and I'm sure you're nieghbour's partner will appreciate the support at such a sad time....Let us know? CLx

feet of clay

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 19:50:18 »
Sorry I've not been back with any doggie info, but my  neighbour/dog rescuer is away until midweek.

feet of clay

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 22:02:14 »
I wondered what the situation was regarding the dogs.  Do you still need help?

Pixie

• Acre
  • Chorlton the magical happiness dragon
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 10:51:43 »
Hi Guys

Back from my hols, sorry I haven't been able to update you but the nearest I have been to a computer was waiting for an hour and a half in a library to get near one before I gave up on Wednesday.

Thank you for all your help but the dogs are now all happy :) Two of the mastiffs I managed to rehome on Friday before I went on holiday and they have gone with one of our neighbouring farmers and will continue to be pets. The little staffy has gone with one of our neighbours mums and the remaining two mastiffs have been rehomed else where, not quite sure where as it happened when we were away, but I am told that they are with a nice family.

I would just like to say thank you for all your help, it is very reasurring to know that people care about animals and each other in this day and age.

My neighbours ex partner was particularly touched that so many people that didn't know them offered kind thoughts and help. He was also very happy with the homes that have been found.

Thank you once again
Sam

"Jump in, we'll take you for a spin, and show you round the Wheelie World..."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal