Author Topic: new 6x4 shed £37 DELIVERED FROM HOMEBASE  (Read 46555 times)

keef

• Hectare
Re: new 6x4 shed £37 DELIVERED FROM HOMEBASE
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2008, 13:17:47 »
I phoned Homebase regarding my order and they were very very curt and rude on the phone.
Since calling trading standards, I have learnt from them that it all depends on what their terms and conditions say, so in this case, as the shed has not been delivered a contract hasn't been entered into even though the money has been taken from my visa  :o
Never mind eh!  I am going to boycott Homebase, Sainsburys and Argos from now on in protest as I feel that they should honour the orders placed and sack the idiot that made the typing error in the first place!!

Why Sainsbury's - they sold off Homebase years ago....
Straight outt'a compton - West Berkshire.

Please excuse my spelling, i am an engineer

alithefrog

• Ali The Frog's Blog
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2008, 13:48:09 »
Oh  :-[ I thought they were all part of the same group - my mistake then & thanks for letting me know as I do my main shop there!!  ;D
Ali - Carshalton, Surrey
www.alithefrog.blogspot.com

raisedbedted

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2008, 15:00:50 »
I just got the call from Homebase, polite, apologetic.  Offered me 20% off the £199 proper price or a refund plus £10 gift voucher.

Seemed pretty fair to me and I stopped using Homebase years ago, might even start again now  ;)
Best laid plans and all that

paddy

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2008, 15:06:14 »
I find Homebase ok as a quick one stop shop for DIY stuff and the odd gardening item.

paddy

oakmore2

• Half Acre
  • Rabbit surveillance officer
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2008, 15:34:21 »
Certainly weren't polite with me and I had no offer of discount or credit note. I was perfectly polite back to them, so it seems odd that they don't have a policy of treating all customers alike!

paddy

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2008, 15:41:42 »
One of the biggest problems i find is that they employ "young people" at the weekends that dont have the answers to my questions and dont stand up properly and slouch everywhere. I am 6 foot 4 inches tall and was taught at an early age to stand up tall and proud! (rant over)
 :)
Paddy

sweet-pea

• Hectare
  • Wisley
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2008, 16:18:37 »
Have to agree with you there on the 'Young'.  I went in the other weekend to find some glue to repair the vinyl floor in the kitchen and although they did try and help, they weren't any better than me looking myself as they didn't know anything about the products.  I ended up going to the 'sells everything' shop in town and finding exactly what I needed (although admittidedly it was without help there either...they just seem to have everything!)

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2008, 16:23:37 »
Young or not, intelligent or not. Doesnt matter. At least they are working.

paddy

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2008, 16:30:57 »
Good point well made!!

Thats another thing that irritates me. Youths loitering around.
God i am starting to feel old!

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2008, 18:45:02 »
While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.

So far, I've had no phone call and as I can trace the callers on my phone I know there's been no attempt to contact me, so they'll be in breach of their own conditions if they just cancel. Also, the shed wasn't the only item I ordered -

The real mystery is what happened to the wooden midi garden storage unit  for £19.99? It hasn't been re-priced, its just vanished off the website!

Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

Mushy Pea

• Acre
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2008, 18:58:06 »
The real mystery is what happened to the wooden midi garden storage unit  for £19.99? It hasn't been re-priced, its just vanished off the website!

Well I ordered one of these only to find that the "real" price is £89 but I can have a 20% discount or a refund and a £10 voucher. Not quite the bargain I thought but still worth trying.    :-\ 

It would be interesting to know if everyone who gets a refund also has a £10 voucher.  :)

MP

PS thanks Lolabelle at least I get a £10 voucher.  ;D

oakmore2

• Half Acre
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2008, 19:16:22 »
They didn't offer me anything, just refund or pay the full price. I've contacted them again to see if I can get the £10 voucher! ::)

oakmore2

• Half Acre
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2008, 12:44:48 »
Email received from Homebase today:

> Thank you for your e-mail dated 29th July 2008.
>
> We are still currently in the process of contacting all customers affected by this system error. The initial offer made to affected customers was to either cancel the order and receive a full refund. Or alternatively re-order the items at the correct price of £189 minus a 20% discount.
>
> No other offers have been made to our customers.
>
> Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at info@homebase.co.uk or call us on 0845 077 8888.

No other offers.  ??? ???
Hmmm I don't think so. I know it's only £10, but it's frustrating nevertheless. >:(

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2008, 13:29:17 »
Why the full stop after "refund"?  Maybe I'm nitpicking, but it seems that none of these large organisations can write a communication without at least one grammatical or spelling error.

I'm still waiting to hear from them  ::) ::) ::)

In any case, the B&Q and Wickes sheds are a lot cheaper, if the Homebase shed was only marginally more expensive it would be worth ordering it in store and using the spend and save card on 10% day.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 13:31:39 by asbean »
The Tuscan Beaneater

LUNAR

• Not So New ...
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2008, 14:25:56 »
hi I ordered one of these, and after reading that we were not receiving them I rang them.
The person I spoke to said about the £10 voucher and the 20% off. I tried to order the July special shed  with the 20% and told them to take the 10 voucher off.
They said they are sending them out as a vouchers for people to use in store (both) so I guess the 20% will be off anything spent.

lolabelle

• Hectare
  • nero
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2008, 20:43:43 »
neither myself or sister have heard from Homebase ::) ::) ::)

LUNAR

• Not So New ...
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2008, 08:19:13 »
They told me all orders have been canceled. and everyone should recieve the vouchers within 7 to 14 days.

grahamatlocking

• Not So New ...
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2008, 09:57:41 »
Just had the call and its been cancelled :-( I'm gutted..... I got a £10 voucher though

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2008, 11:18:07 »
Just had a call from Homebase cancelling my order :'(

The rep did use a pretty curt tone of voice, especially when I told her that she couldn't speak with Mrs Roberts but she could speak to Mrs Probets.  "No, I must speak to Mrs Roberts.........oh, I see ....Mrs Probets.........

Gets em every time ;D

raisedbedted

• Hectare
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2008, 11:45:18 »
Must be a pig of a job though.  Imagine being given a list of people to contact to tell them all that they couldn't have what they ordered because of a glitch.  I can imagine you could start off all cheery and by the 40th in a day I'd feel like saying ' and did you ever honestly think you could buy a shed for £30, I know theyre pretty low quality but come on I wasnt born yesterday you know!!'

I can imagine it would be quite soul destroying.  The problem with these large organisations is that whilst you can be annoyed with the company (homebase) you know that there is no point venting any anger to the person in a call centre as the frustration will go no further than the operative.

rbt
Best laid plans and all that

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal