Author Topic: west london allotment  (Read 5669 times)

THE MASTER

• Half Acre
west london allotment
« on: July 29, 2008, 15:51:25 »
Hello all .

late march i took the desition to get myself and family an allotment. fortunatly im one of the lucky ones that a site was realy close to my humble abode.
infact the site is at the end of my garden, or should i say used to be (basicaly the full old site due to lack of plot holders got chopped in half, and the half that is in use is today is at the end of the road.
belive it or not out of the 32 plots that are on the remaining part of the site only three yes just 3 plots were rented and only 2 had any work done on them. so i got intouch with hillingdon counsil. made and appontment to meet the allotment guy from the counsil . chose my plot (sneaky move i used google earth to see wich was the most fertile). by the afternoon i had borowed a key and made a start  ;D what is a waiting list ???
people talk about waiting lists, i can't uderstand why my allotment is in so little use. perhaps it is because it is out of the way not on a main road. another reason maybe the plots are on the larger side ave is 260sqm and taking on a large plott for your first go can be a bit to much hard work for some peeps.
Hayho in for a penny in for a pound. got the big old howard out of the comunity building and went for it the Howard is a propper beasty rotovator takes no prisoners  . the hole plott has been rotovated . weeds are comming back on the first part i started on , but as can walk there in two mins i can find the time to pop in every day

so just to finish off. Once again HELLO to everyone looking forward stealing some ideas
ile do some photog's for you all at a latter date

HE WHO DARES WINS !!!

Mr Smith

• Hectare
Re: west london allotment
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 15:55:27 »
Hi Master,
               I thought trying to get an allotment in London was like trying to  find rockinhorse P--- , good luck to you mate and get others involved :)

THE MASTER

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 16:01:44 »

this is my plot just one day after taking it on

nice of the counsil to provide some nice black sheeting  ;D
HE WHO DARES WINS !!!

THE MASTER

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 16:04:43 »

and this is the plot just a week weeks later
HE WHO DARES WINS !!!

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 16:26:00 »
Welcome Master to A4A, you'll learn everything you need to know on this site.

Out of curiosity whereabouts in Hillingdon is your site?  I used to be involved in judging the allotment site's in Hillingdon and am trying to place yours.

You sure have done a brilliant job on your plot.

Sinbad

THE MASTER

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 16:34:21 »
my site is the Ashford avenue site
Welcome Master to A4A, you'll learn everything you need to know on this site.

Out of curiosity whereabouts in Hillingdon is your site?  I used to be involved in judging the allotment site's in Hillingdon and am trying to place yours.

You sure have done a brilliant job on your plot.

Sinbad
HE WHO DARES WINS !!!

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 16:53:22 »
Master,
 when you say West London?, is it Chiswick, Sherpherds Bush, Hammersmith, Acton or out to Ruislip, my old stamping ground mate :)

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 17:15:28 »
Could never understand Master why no one took up the plots there, it is a very nice place to have an allotment.  Hope you can drum up some trade and get a few more taken :)

Sinbad

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 18:45:42 »
welcome to the site, happy growing  ;D

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 22:18:03 »
Is it correct that you have 32 plots on the site?  Also you should have a site secretary, maybe you could both get together and come up with some ideas to promote the site.

If I can be of any help just ask.

Sinbad

THE MASTER

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 23:24:18 »
Could never understand Master why no one took up the plots there, it is a very nice place to have an allotment.  Hope you can drum up some trade and get a few more taken :)

Sinbad

Sinbad im doing everthing i can to get peeps on the ashford ave site. even the two main diggers have seriusly steped up the game. im posting like a loony handing out flyers . blahh blahh etc
its all good fun though ive even called a few BBQ's up the plot

ps: thats me on the left of picky
HE WHO DARES WINS !!!

THE MASTER

• Half Acre
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 23:30:59 »
Is it correct that you have 32 plots on the site?  Also you should have a site secretary, maybe you could both get together and come up with some ideas to promote the site.

If I can be of any help just ask.

Sinbad

apparently there is a new secratary for the ashford site . for some strainge reason . nick from the counsil has ask me to be to site rep . cant see why but ile run with that , just waiting for the papper work to come through.

my plan is to totaly revamp the complete site, look out nick im gonna be your worst nightmare. mmmooowwhhhaahhAAAAA ;D
HE WHO DARES WINS !!!

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 06:13:44 »
Love the avatar.  Brill. ;D  Plot coming along nicely. 
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal