Author Topic: 6 years each in prison for the canoe bloke who went missing...  (Read 2768 times)

littlebabybird

• Hectare
Re: 6 years each in prison for the canoe bloke who went missing...
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2008, 22:38:51 »
I'm going to grow a beard and disappear too!

ollie please dont, i have promised o lok for you if you do and i would realy rather you didnt

i think sending them to prison is a waste of resorces, when child abusers are given suspended scentences why send these people to prison

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008, 17:58:11 »
I do think there is a tendency to look at these things far too simplistically.  Not many child abusers are given suspended sentences.  If they are, then it there are usually circumstances that deem it necessary or suitable (too many variables to discuss here), maybe a long time spent on remand or a barking judge.  These are not Robin Hood type characters. They has expensive lifestyles and lived beyond their means.  They were struggling to keep up with and rahter than downsizing like the rest of us, they lied to family and friends causing great pain and upset, they put the lives of the emergency services at risk and cost the taxpayer money, they raised all our insurance premiums and she showed total contempt for everybody by trying to lie her way out of it.  I actually think he should have got a little less for the remorse and putting his hands up - she got what she deserved.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 17:59:46 by redclanger »
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2008, 18:02:40 »
Personally I think they deserved what they got and that is still not enough, they have fiddle the system which at the end of the day I have to cough up for in more insurance premiums, but then again him being a former screw will love it inside ;) ;)

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2008, 20:46:16 »
I think to those of you who think the Darwins  should not have gone to prison should ponder this - if, while you were on holiday your home was burgled, and your house/property stripped of all your assets, and when you got back all you had was the house -minus all copper piping, fixtures and fittings.  Would you be quite so magnanimous.

I think with Mr Darwin, he is between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Having been a prison officer, and raided the prison service pension scheme for the death in service benefit, (and  Mrs Darwin claiming the widow's pension for several years).  I think they will have a well deserved uncomfortable stay at Her Majesty's Pleasure ;D

I just wish fraud would be taken more seriously in this country.

valmarg

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 21:02:28 »
I keep changing my mind!... but I keep thinking we need to ask, "What do we want to teach someone by sending them to prison" and secondly, "will it achieve our aims"... thirdly, "How do we achieve our aims in the most cost effective manner".

I'm not for one second suggesting that we should "go soft", but surely they could be punished in a more effective & financially prudent way. I think that's what I think... court for me on Tuesday makes me think of such things a bit... this will be where I find out how much I believe in the system!

loopyloulou

• Acre
  • oh my... thats a LOT of couch grass....
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2008, 21:07:50 »
if you think thats bad, a young bloke from near here got done for dangerous driving, he drove his mums high powered 4 by 4 on the wrong side of the rd ploughed into a car putting parents in hospital and disabling the baby in the back for life, so the family have a life scentence, guess what the idiot got ??? (yes hes a rich b@stard) better i post the website and let you sign the petition to change the law... had that little girl have died hedve got more time, but she didnt, shes clinging on, and his family have been refusing to pay for things she needs to live at home with her parents, and the settlement they got is on an ongoing basis incase she dies, worlds gone mad if u ask me!  >:(
www.cerysedwards.co.uk
he got nothing like the scentence etc he deserved! the laws absolutely wrong!

i think i like it here :D now who can tell me how to grow my own chocolate???

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 00:27:00 »
Ollie have I missed something? What are you in court for?

on second thoughts.. sorry, it's none of my business really.

littlebabybird

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 01:40:26 »
could  please just clarify where i stand, i have no problem with these people going to jail, my problem is that if they deserve 6 years then i know people who deserve many more, including the woman i already mentioned who got 2 years suspended for abusing her 3 little girls for all of their lives
lbb

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2008, 07:25:32 »
olliec, just to let you know, we'll be thinking about you on tuesday, all the best, manics  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal