Author Topic: Duck eggs  (Read 2397 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Duck eggs
« on: August 16, 2004, 22:48:22 »
Didn't really know where to post this query.....but as it is about ducks, I thought, wildlife!

My cousin down in sunny North Devon gave my nan a couple of his ducks eggs.  She cracked the first one, 'andsome, cracked the second one............and there was no yolk!  Just a shell full of white!!  What does this mean?  I have never ever heard of this before.  :o

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re:Duck eggs
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 00:33:35 »
That's a strange one EJ! Maybe Budgiebreeder would know the answer?

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Pixie

• Acre
  • Chorlton the magical happiness dragon
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 10:30:18 »
You do get it occasionally - we had it once with hen eggs but its not that common.

Its less common than double yolkers!

Sam
"Jump in, we'll take you for a spin, and show you round the Wheelie World..."

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 12:03:38 »
Hey Pixie, hope you are okay and not suffering too badly with these floods.  I heard Lynmouth is in a bad way also, no where near as bad as the gorgeous Boscasle!  Been there more times than I care to remember and seeing the harbour in such a state made me very upset!  All of those poor people and holiday makers!  We will be down in Lynmouth over bank holiday....hope the sun shines as we will be on the motorbike!

Pixie

• Acre
  • Chorlton the magical happiness dragon
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 13:41:41 »
Thanks Emma I'm fine.

There was a lot of flooding in the area last night and if it hadn't been for the locals at Stratton and Whitstone directing traffic and sorting people out then I wouldn't have made it home at all. It just goes to show that these people where out in the street helping others while their own homes were being flooded. It makes you feel very humble.

My collegue took three and a half hours to get home last night and was in the car all on her own as she lives near Bodmin.  

Bude flooded quite badly around the canal and the strand but the people who my heart really goes out to is those in Boscastle, it is in a right state so I've heard. A lot of the local volunters are from Bude - firemen - coastguards etc and there is a feeling of helplessness left with us others. It is very sad here at the moment.

Sam
"Jump in, we'll take you for a spin, and show you round the Wheelie World..."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal