Author Topic: Blowing cauliflowers  (Read 876 times)

organicandy

• Quarter Acre
Blowing cauliflowers
« on: July 03, 2008, 17:25:07 »
 ???Hi all,  , bad news is my cauliflower look as if they are blowing already, i grew them from seed in pots and planted out as normal digging in well rotted manure and a sprinkle of bonemeal too, i am wondering if i may have over fed them with the bonemeal at planting time, they are a good 3 weeks in front of my allotment freinds any advise would be welcome, regards Andy
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 18:24:04 by organicandy »

PAULW

• Acre
Re: Blowing cauliflowers
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 18:56:20 »
OC
If your cauli's are blowing the problem is that you are not cutting them early enough, once the flower has appeared that is it it will not get any bigger what you see is what you get.My winter cauli's last year were due to produce in Dec/Jan but most of them appeared in Oct/Nov not a lot you can do apart from put them in the freezer.

mark45

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 20:33:08 »
cant wait till i get some veg growing on my new alottment mine just look lioke a old farmers feild at the mo lol

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 20:39:50 »
Mine did this last year and I thought it was because I hadn't watered them thoroughly enough.
Welcome, Organicandy.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 20:41:29 by Emagggie »
Smile, it confuses people.

organicandy

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 19:34:59 »
 ;)Thanks all for your replys, and to the member whos lotty just looks like a old farmers field, chin up because the rewards are all well worth the hard work you put in in the first year, get stuck in this year then its a few hours a week to keep a garden up to scratch, its a fantastic hobby that doesnt cost the earth and keeps you fit too, regards to all, Andy

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal