Author Topic: The Garlic Farm  (Read 10909 times)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
Re: The Garlic Farm
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 19:52:07 »
I'm sorry but I don't know where folk are coming from here. The guy did something appalling. He got caught. He paid the penalty.

Do folk think he is doing something evil again , right now? If so report him to the appropriate authority. If not, give the guy a break.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 20:11:14 »
I agree, Anne, those stories are pretty old now. Personally, I think his garlic is over-priced and I've had better results from cheap Wilko B&Q cloves this year,so I wouldn't buy it again anyway, but if he's learned his lesson, why not let sleeping dogs lie?

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 22:18:12 »
I'm feeling the same way as Alishka myself. OK, farmers are often forced to use immigrant labour as there's nothing else available, and seasonal farm workers have always been grossly underpaid, as I know from experience. But there's no conceivable excuse for poisoning them.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 22:45:16 »
......end of the day, it's horses for courses, isn't it? If this doesn't enter your comfort zone =  fine....if it does, as it's entered mine, I've made my decision = my choice. And I'll refer these links of established fact to my other friends on other forums for them to choose which horse they want to ride. Their choice also.

Thanks to ACE and Baccyman for bringing it to the fore.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2008, 11:08:38 »
Alishka,
           I hope I did not commit a crime by going to the Garlic farm when I'm on a well earned holiday on the Isle of Wight, I posted to say that I paid a visit to the farm and I'm not concered one jiff about  garlic politics when it comes to Mr Boswell, and far under paid workers I don't blame him why not get on board like the rest of British industry  ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 11:35:31 by Mr Smith »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal