Allotment Stuff > The Basics

great weekend at the lottie!

(1/4) > >>

clare:
Just had a fab weekend at the lottie and am still floating on a cloud of happiness!! ;D

On Saturday we put in rabbit proof fencing round the plot so the pesky bunnies won't be able to munch my veggies any more (fingers crossed).

It was so lovely and sunny on Sunday that I spent an hour digging some more of the plot and chatting with my lottie neighbour.. then went home to read some of my gardening books and old copies of Kitchen Garden magazine.

so I'm now getting excited about planting my veggies and am going to the shops at lunch time to buy lots of seeds!    :)

Allotments really are good for your health!  

Fingle....:
They do seem to have a positive effect...I crave going down and playing in the mud at th moment....the thought of it being all lovely in the summer is almost too good to be true !"!

legless:
me too! i'm sat here thinking to myself 'well, its only sleet, i could still do some stuff'  ;D

aquilegia:
I can't wait to get out digging, but the (clay) soil is far too wet and heavy at the mo for me to dig alone, and I won't be able to tempt strong hubby out to help* until it warms up a little.

* - 'helping me dig' means we start together. But then I soon get tired and start pottering about doing other things. He is a lot bigger and stronger than I am, so it only seems fair!

clare:
very true Aquilegia.... you don't want to do too much!  and as hubby has bigger muscles then he can probably dig for longer  ;)

I can't wait for spring to arrive!!  just got back from the shops with loads of veggie seeds and some fruit bushes.... I would have bought more but I couldn't carry anything else!!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version