Author Topic: Netting  (Read 943 times)

Suzie Q

• Not So New ...
Netting
« on: June 27, 2008, 21:31:11 »
Just got some fab new debris netting on ebay http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Covers-To-Go
postage reasonable and only 20p extra for postage of second role -
under this stuff I keep the bird/butterflies and flea beetle at bay - and it lasts for ever and good to work with - all in all worth the money
Over the last few years spent a small fortune on different nettings and this scaffolding netting is the best i have found - all the cabbages seem to do very well under it too - a little wind protection on my open site

anyway worth sharing

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: Netting
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 06:09:38 »
As a vertical windbreak it would be just great. We used to use Rokolene & it gave wonderful results.

I have to query the flea beetle bit though. I thought that one had to have the finest mesh? Or fleece.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 06:27:37 by tim »

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
Re: Netting
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 09:05:37 »
Tim, We cannot grow swedes under normal conditions for the beetle, but I managed it last year under debris netting. Might have been luck.
There are also 2 types of this about. The netting I got from tildenet had the fixing holes spaced at 2 metres apart. This was more  suitable for a netting cage.  The new stuff we got I believe it was from screw fix have the fixing holes 1 metre apart .So it might be worth asking when ordering if they do both types. 
Cheers .. Jim

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal