Author Topic: Calendula not growing well  (Read 1422 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Calendula not growing well
« on: July 05, 2008, 21:49:53 »
I'm sure this was one of the few seeds I had any success with as a child.  I thought I'd try a few plants this year so I bought some seed and sowed as directed, some direct and some in pots.  All germinated but look utterly pathetic.  All the other things I've grown from seed using the same compost and conditions are fine so what do you think the problem is?

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Rosa_Mundi

• Acre
Re: Calendula not growing well
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 23:20:40 »
Possibly rain if your weather has been like ours - they do like it good and sunny.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 23:31:12 »
Maybe a rogue batch Georgie. I did the same with some called 'sherbert fizz' and they are good. If you would like some seeds when they are ready let me know.
Smile, it confuses people.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 23:52:03 »
Got to be rougue seed Georgie... mine have self sown for the last three years no probs...  :-\

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 09:33:46 »
Thanks everyone.  It can't be the rain - we've hardly had any - so it must be the seed then, as you say.  I can't remember where I got it from because I passed the remains of the packet on. 

That's a very kind offer, Emaggie.  A pinch would be lovely, thank you.   ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal