Author Topic: lost my ladies  (Read 2479 times)

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
lost my ladies
« on: July 02, 2008, 19:06:37 »
on Friday evening i went down the lotty to put my ladies to bed and on Saturday morning my lotty neighbour came round to my house at about 8.15 ish and told me my hens had been killed.we went down the lotty and i could not believe my eyes what a mess blood and feathers every where and i lost six of my ladies but one managed to escape Mr fox. what i cant understand is how he got in and how he opened the run door from the inside???? i think some nasty sod moved my fence and opened the door and then just left them to it . i am heart broken id named them and they where tame and used to come and sit with me and i miss them.the hen that is left has been moved to my smaller house and run but it seems like she is crying not making her normal sounds at all Ive checked her over and apart from losing the odd feather she isn't hurt but just keeps on making a noise like she is crying i suppose she is missing her sistersbut she is feeding and drinking fine and much to my surprise is still laying. i lost six of my ladies and I'm a bit worried if it happens again so not a happy bunny at the moment 
Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: lost my ladies
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 19:38:41 »
what a horrible thing to happen  :(
have you any ideas who could have done such a nasty thing?
your other hen must be okay to be laying, ,
this is the only thing that worries me about when we get ours  :-\

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 19:42:48 »
What a horrible , shocking thing.You must be so upset.It is hard to believe some monster did this on purpose.Makes me so angry. :o >:(

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 19:45:25 »
I dread to think.  So sorry.   :(
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

trinity

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 20:19:23 »
 :'( so so sorry Tohellwithweeds this post made me cry. There are some nasty people in this world. I hope the surviving lady feels better soon. things like this seems to happen all the timewhich is suprising (not ) considering we are supposed to live in an enlightened society >:(

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 22:30:20 »
Ooh so sorry keep your chin up.

lolabelle

• Hectare
  • nero
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 18:24:09 »
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, hope the lone lady recovers soon she must be mentally traumatised :'(

Poet

• Quarter Acre
    • Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 21:27:20 »
you loved and protected them, this sounds like the work of an evil so and so.  So sad for you xxxx

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 11:03:01 »
thank you all for the replies my little hen is back to her normal self (at last) I'm pleased to say and i will be getting some new friends for her in the coming week but i still cant under stand how any one could do this sort of thing its SICK
Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

Poet

• Quarter Acre
    • Blog
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 16:15:10 »
look at this thread

http://club.omlet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27994 

I'm Poet on there too.

I'm sending a mail to the paper and asking them to forward it on.  It must feel like the whole world is evil when something like this happens  >:( :'(

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 17:03:57 »
I am so sorry for your loss, you cannot protect from vandles, electric fences are expensive, but a 12 Bore  shotgun comes to mind.

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 17:52:32 »
Hi

My run is locked with a padlock and the house inside is also locked with a padlock.

Foxes are devious, albeit beautiful,  creatures and they can force fences down and force gates open. I obviously don't know how your chooks were protected but it is all hen keepers nightmare this and I hope it doesn't happen to me or anyone else.

Hope you and your surviving chook get over it soon and your new girls fill the gap.

Old Bird
 :o

sawfish

• Hectare
  • glasgow dreamer
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 18:23:18 »
Thats horrible. Could it have been some idiot with a dog?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal