Author Topic: No Allotment Yet  (Read 1114 times)

mdakram

No Allotment Yet
« on: June 25, 2008, 00:50:40 »
Hi All Bloggers.
I live in Reading and looking to share an allotment with someone who is not using it. I have been trying to get something from the council but just have been on their waiting list since last year.

If Anyone willing to share their site with me i would be happy to do so. In return I can grow and share lots of Indian greens and vegetables.

Thanks.

trinity

• Acre
Re: No Allotment Yet
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 07:35:03 »
mdakram you don't say where you are located

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 09:49:46 »
hi, mdakram, welcome to the site,
sorry, not near Reading  :)

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 09:56:05 »
Trinity wake up girl!!!  Obviously not at your best 7 in the morning

The guy lives in Reading!

Well mdakram - why don't you take a leaf out of trinity's book and try to get your own allotment!  She hassled them - took pictures of unworked allotments - and generally made a "polite" nuisance of herself until she won through!

If you go to the Council - always be 100% polite, courteous and get them on side "wanting" to help you.  Make a friend of the person that is in charge (if possible) and nag, nag, nag!

I am always wary of the sharing route - as if they give up wanting to keep the allotment and their name is the "allotment keeper" it potentially may go to the next person on the waiting list rather than you who has worked 1/2 the plot for however long.

Good luck anyway! Let us know how it goes!

Old Bird

;D

trinity

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 12:31:04 »
 :-[ thought it said I have been reading sorry yes not at my best a 7 in the morning and was very tired as l spent all of yesterday clearing chest high nettles out of my friends new back garden my arms look like I have chicken pox! it is strange how they can sting you though clothes
sorry to go off topic
 Think I will toddle of an have a nap while the baby is asleep :)

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 22:12:20 »
There could be some one with a large garden in your area who for some reason can not manage to maintain it.

Try a well worded card in your local paper shop or supermarket 'free' notice board.

GARDEN SPACE WANTED
Enthusiastic vegetable grower offers to use your unwanted garden space to grow fresh organic vegetables and will share crop.

Type of thing

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal