Author Topic: BLOODY WOMAN  (Read 16881 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: BLOODY WOMAN
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2008, 13:44:56 »
i suspect were getting there

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2008, 21:12:00 »
Go for it Cam.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2008, 17:14:34 »
latest update :-

The other allotment holder emailed the clerk again (emailing every week but its made no difference hes not replyed in 6 weeks) and he got a reply

"...gave them the outline of what had happened. After careful consideration the committee decided that it would not proceed with the soil testing.  Two members of the public at the meeting stated that there were signs of growth on the plots affected. This was taken into account when the council reached its decision."

The clerk knew that the growth was on the paths and the areas where the weed killer was not used and he was also aware that subsequent plantings were not sucessful. Were both hopping mad. And its intresting that members of the public were not allowed to speak at parish council meetings so we thing this might be the woman we suspect who caused the damage of the parish grounds men who have admitted to having sprayed roundup on the organic plots. Either way be have been royaly sc**eded

This meeting happened weeks ago and they never bothered to tell us.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2008, 18:03:51 »
How infuriating- what's your next move? Or are you going to forget about it and concentrate on your house move and your new veggie garden?

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2008, 22:26:07 »
How infuriating- what's your next move? Or are you going to forget about it and concentrate on your house move and your new veggie garden?

Yes i am going to concentrate on the move and the guys whos plots been trashed is going to take my plot on. But i am thinking that were going to make a complaint and legal action not out of the question.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2008, 22:47:07 »
Why didn't you get the chance to be at the meeting, you had every right to be there.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2008, 23:18:35 »
Why didn't you get the chance to be at the meeting, you had every right to be there.

We were not under the impression it had to go to a meeting we were told my the clerk he had already ordered the kits then we found out that this meeting had happened we would had gone if we had been told there was the chance we were not going to have the tests done. Its all a bit of a mess really.

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2008, 17:54:35 »
Sorry to hear your house move fell through.  It must be so frustrating when you were so looking forward to it.  Hope you can get your allotment going again after the weedkiller incident in the meantime and try again next year when hopefully things might have settled down a bit in the economy.

(Tried to pm this but your inbox is full)

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2008, 21:34:24 »
thanks hon, the plan now to to tidy the lotty up and get it planted with crops for the next 2 seasons and plant stuff into pots where i can so they can be moved out of season.

A friend of mine fell down the stairs last week so i am spending some time keeping her busy as she has to stay off her feet for 2 weeks and when the weather allows going to the lotty. Been organising my seeds over the last couple of nights when i cant sleep so working out what i can plant now.

Doing the same for flowering plants which i can start off now in my mini greenhouse. Larkshall kindly gave me a larger plastic greenhouse which i am going to be making use of in Feb to get some stuff started and i am planing on using some of the wood i have and the greenhouse glass i have from my trashed greenhouse to make some covered planting areas for tomatos and chillis to get some early crops.

As for the house well the one we want is still for sale (has been since feb 08) and there is a good chance that it will still be there next year. Were also looking at land for a self build :)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2008, 19:48:12 »
Best of luck Cam what ever you decide to do next year. ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2008, 19:59:46 »